Tech Support Guy
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jun-2010, 01:32 PM #22
Yes, thank you so much.

What I ended up doing was booting into my desktop and taking the Windows 7 upgrade disk I got with my new desktop that came with Vista, and I got the bootsect copied from it to my newly formatted 8GB NFTS pendrive. I ran through the command line commands to make the pendrive bootable, extracted the ISO to a folder and put that folder in the pendrive directory.

I then got another pendrive, put Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it and booted into my netbook with the live USB. I then used Gparted to erase all partitions and create 1 NFTS partition. I rebooted with the Windows 7 pendrive in and what do you know, it worked!

I then used my old Windows 7 key that I had taken from the system specs before Windows was taken off the first time. I got all my Office stuff on there for school and I am ready to go.

I now have it dual booting to Ubuntu Studio which is what I wanted in the first place.

My brain hurts from all the computer knowledge I just received but in the age of technology I am sure it will come in handy again