Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Emergency: How do I recover this file?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 205 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jul-2011, 10:01 AM #1
Exclamation Emergency: How do I recover this file?
Hey all!

I accidentally deleted an Acronis TrueImage backup file. Don't ask me if I have a backup, this was the backup. The file has the standard TrueImage backup extension TIB and it's 533 MB in size. It wasn't actually me who deleted it, it was TrueImage itself. It's a long story, and a support case with Acronis support is started.

What are the chances that I could recover this file? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 205 posts.

27-Jul-2011, 10:10 AM #2
I also know the name and location of the file. It was named MyBackup__2009-12-30.tib and it was stored at D:\My Backups. What is the best practice for recovering this type of files? What software do I need?

It does not have to be a free software. I will gladly buy a license for a proprietary software if it's really good and can help me recover this file.
Computer Specs
Member with 205 posts.

27-Jul-2011, 12:10 PM #3
I have installed Recuva 1.40.525 and it successfully found 9 of the 10 or 11 lost files, depending on how you count. Let me clarify that a little bit. From the beginning there were 10 backup files with the TIB file extension. That was before TrueImage decided to merge (consolidate) these into one single file, and it did this in complete radio silence, without my consent and without a single notice. Like I said, it's a big story. But main thing is there were 10 files from the beginning, these were merged into 1 file, then this 1 file got deleted by mistake.

Now Recuve is listing 9 files, but it ignores 2 files. Does anyone use Recuva around here? Can someone tell my why it ignores the 2 files? Can I tell it to show me those 2 files?

I would like to get back to the point where I had the 10 individual files. That would be best. But I would be happy if I could at least get back the 1 consolidated backup file, at least.

Is no one interested in helping me with this?
Member with 35,238 posts.

27-Jul-2011, 12:23 PM #4
Have you tried system restore !!!!
Computer Specs
Member with 205 posts.

27-Jul-2011, 02:03 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by franca View Post
Have you tried system restore !!!!
Isn't System Restore designed to revert the system back to a previous state, rather than recover user files? I don't see how this could help in this situation. Please explain (!!!!).
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Jul-2011, 09:35 PM #6
Data can't always be recovered. If free utilities like Recuva can't do it, you only other option is a professional data recovery company which will charge hundreds of dollars.

Acronis has a consolidation setting. You may have not set it manually to the selection of your choice, but it didn't happen all on its own. Go through all your Acronis settings very carefully.
jesseyoung jesseyoung is offline jesseyoung has a Profile Picture
Member with 216 posts.

Experience: get the bottom of matters
27-Jul-2011, 10:12 PM #7
Hi Fractalogic,

DoubleHelix is correct, you should go through all the settings very carefully.

Anyway before you go to local recovery department with expensive cost, try Data Recovery WizardŽ Free Edition and it can support to recover 1 GB data free of charge.
http://download.cnet.com/Easeus-Data...ml?tag=mncol;5
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
acronis, backup, recover deleted file, tib, trueimage

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!