Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Driver Detective problems

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Sep-2011, 03:43 PM #1
Question Driver Detective problems
Has anyone else encountered problems with Driver Detective? I've had two major problems. First, when my 2 years of updates ran out, instead of being charged for another two years of updates I was additionally charged a second time for the original software. Moreover, when I got to checkout, the price charged was considerably more than the price advertised . Secondly, I have recently had to pay a computer expert over $100 to remove some of the drivers selected and installed by Driver Detective because they were causing my computer to 'blue screen' on startup. His view was that if a driver is working, it's better not to replace it and that if it does need replacing it's better to go direct to the manufacturer's website. This has been my experience. Has it been anybody else's? The software manufacturer of Driver Detective has been unwilling to address the specific issues I have raised and now ignores emails about the problems.

Last edited by perfecthost; 20-Sep-2011 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammatical mistakes
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,904 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Sep-2011, 04:32 PM #2
Driver scanner programs, especially the ones you have to pay for, are a rip-off.

Some of them are also notorious for displaying and recommending outdated or wrong drivers.

There's no need to update the drivers for your computer's devices if they're working properly.

If your computer does need original or updated drivers, get them from the computer's support site or from the vendor sites or from other reliable sites.

---------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,036 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Sep-2011, 07:15 PM #3
Indeed, these programs just like PC Optimizers are simply a money grab and create more problems then they fix/prevent.

Drivers are best manually updated from the proper manufacturer's website IF there's a problem or issue that they resolve.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
driver detective, driver detective problems

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!