Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Net Intelligence 10 reward for whoever fixes

(!)

Junior Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2012, 10:29 AM #1
Net Intelligence 10 reward for whoever fixes
Hi i have Net intelligence installed on my laptop that we got from the Home Access scheme,we cant use the internet at all,it says something about the web filter not being downloaded yet,ive tried logging into the Net intelligence with the username and password but it says login error : account not valid.

So ive tried to un install the software through the remove programmes section,but when i click uninstall it says "cannot access the uninstall file".

I removed this software when we first got the laptop quite easily,but the laptops not used by me anymore as i have my own pc (because they're 100x better :P ).It seems to have undergone a reformat or some kind of restore thats returned them to the defaults and it wont access the uninstall file basicly,which is what i need to get to so that i can un install it.Ive tried going into the file manually,as well as running as admin.Ive phoned XMA (who i got it from) net intelligence who directed me to Comets and all i get is that i have to pay a charge of 20 for their technician to tell me what to do.

So if anybody here can help me get this laptop to work ill pay you 10
Member with 131 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Jan-2012, 11:47 AM #2
I don't know what "Net Intelligence" is, but if I were you I'd try to download it from somewhere so you can reinstall it again, and then try entering your account details again; or uninstalling it totally (which will now be possible because the setup download will have restored the missing file).
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,900 posts.

24-Jan-2012, 11:53 AM #3
Try the following:

How To Use Revo Uninstaller

1) First we download it from here: Revo Uninstaller Free Version. You can skip this Step if you already have it installed. However, you may need to update it. If you have it installed already, and you need to update it go ahead and open it up and click the AutoUpdate Icon next to Help.

2) Select the Program to remove from the list of programs:

3) After selecting the program you want to remove, and confirming you want to uninstall the program, then you will want to select the Advanced Option:

4) Select the Advanced mode, and this will start the Uninstaller Window for the application you picked.

5) Follow the Prompts during the Uninstallation of the application. Once it closes you will be at this window:

6) Once the window is done scanning for files and other things that did not get removed is presented, you will be presented with this window:

You will only want to select the bolded items and click on delete. Once done click next.

If it asks you to delete other things and files then do so. But pay attention to the warnings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
So if anybody here can help me get this laptop to work ill pay you 10
Also, this site is a 100% volunteer site, no payments are accepted.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

24-Jan-2012, 12:05 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter93 View Post
Also, this site is a 100% volunteer site, no payments are accepted.
But, we can make a small donation...

TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,900 posts.

24-Jan-2012, 03:24 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom010 View Post
But, we can make a small donation...

Very true.

24-Jan-2012, 06:20 PM #6
I cant actually get on the internet at all.i cant even search google within a google toolbar.It just comes up with the net intelligence web filter.

Is their a way i can put it on a disc and then open it up on the pc with the disc inside?

24-Jan-2012, 06:21 PM #7
Net intelligence came preloaded on the laptop when it was purchased because it was under a government home access scheme.I tried disabling it within services etc but it just turns itself back on.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

24-Jan-2012, 06:33 PM #8
How do I Uninstall Netintelligence (Home Access)

You need your Uninstall Password in order to remove the program from a Home Access machine. I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you. You may have to deal with Technical Support.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

25-Jan-2012, 04:50 AM #9
I work for one of the other home access suppliers and deal with this on a daily basis.

netintelligence is very dificult to remove if you dont have the uninstall code, and more so if somone has tried to remove it by deleting some of its components. The problem your experiencing seems to be because not all the components of netintelligence are present which means it effectivly locks down your internet access.

If your laptop is a Samsung R519 you can access the samsung recovery partition by tapping the f4 key at startup. I would first of all suggest backing up any data you want to keep then perform the complete restore using the samsung recovery solution (tapping f4 on start up).

Once the recovery has finished your laptop will be back to how it was when you first received it meaning that all Netintelligence components should be on your laptop.

Leave the laptop switched on and connected to your wifi for about 30 mins, this allows netintelligence to register your laptops asset tag with the netinitelligence servers.

Then log in to netintelligence using your username and password.

Once logged in click on support on the left hand side and you will be presented with the removal password. Go to programs and feateures uninstall netintelligence and input your removal password. netintelligence will then be removed.

28-Jan-2012, 06:57 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryera View Post
I work for one of the other home access suppliers and deal with this on a daily basis.

netintelligence is very dificult to remove if you dont have the uninstall code, and more so if somone has tried to remove it by deleting some of its components. The problem your experiencing seems to be because not all the components of netintelligence are present which means it effectivly locks down your internet access.

If your laptop is a Samsung R519 you can access the samsung recovery partition by tapping the f4 key at startup. I would first of all suggest backing up any data you want to keep then perform the complete restore using the samsung recovery solution (tapping f4 on start up).

Once the recovery has finished your laptop will be back to how it was when you first received it meaning that all Netintelligence components should be on your laptop.

Leave the laptop switched on and connected to your wifi for about 30 mins, this allows netintelligence to register your laptops asset tag with the netinitelligence servers.

Once logged in click on support on the left hand side and you will be presented with the removal password. Go to programs and feateures uninstall netintelligence and input your removal password. netintelligence will then be removed.
I found an easyer way,where i dont have the net intelligence cr4p.Installed ubuntu so there is no net intelligence now,faster than windows 7 albeit more difficult to install certain applications and software,but its just used for internet.

Tell your company their software is 5h1t

28-Jan-2012, 07:00 PM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryera View Post

It wouldnt even let me log in,i had the right login details and it said login error:account not valid. WHY?

Last edited by ben1191; 28-Jan-2012 at 08:31 PM..
Junior Member with 1 posts.

03-Feb-2012, 08:06 AM #12
net intelligence uninstall
just paid comet 20 for this!!
type in address box :
info.netintelligence.com/remove
click save
click run
then follow instructions,no password needed,restart it and no more big bro watching lol
u owe me a tenner : )

03-Feb-2012, 05:13 PM #13
Good job on sharing it with people,stop commet from robbing anybody else.But yeah this ubuntu operating system is alot faster than windows 7,uses less RAM
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!