Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Chrome puzzlement

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 655 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Jun-2012, 06:14 AM #1
Chrome puzzlement
I've recently downloaded Chrome , having been using Firefox for some time.

There is one thing I just can't work out... when opening a new site or going to a different page in the same site, it almost always opens the new page on the same tab. However, occasionally it opens a new tab next to the one I am just leaving. The latter happens all the time when I move from one of my gmail accounts to another and also with another site I visit regularly.

I can't find any settings where you can customise it to do one or the other. At least FF behaves in a consistent way and has settings and add-ons to do what you prefer.

Is there a logic I can't see?
Is there a setting or an add-on for Chrome to change tab behavior? I can't find either.
Member with 2,536 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 03:20 PM #2
I've given Chrome a brief test-drive and, apart from it's speed, had nothing which compelled me to use it instead of Firefox, not least because (as you've discovered) it's not as user-configurable, nor is it served by hundreds of add-ons and extensions so you can make it behave the way you want.

I can't comment on the tab behaviour or options in Chrome as I uninstalled it a year ago, but I can say you're better off using Firefox.
Computer Specs
Member with 655 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 09:03 PM #3
Thanks Pip. I must admit a love/hate relationship. As you say it is faster but short on options for setting it to do things the way you want. Speed-wise FF is a bit of a dog but otherwise very acceptable.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!