Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Windows 7 keeps minimizing every hour

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
26-Jun-2012, 09:48 AM #1
Solved: Windows 7 keeps minimizing every hour
Hello everyone, I have a strange problem that has come lately. Windows seems to go to desktop every hour at specific time. It doesn't crash the program, just goes to desktop and that's it. From there I can go back if alt-tab. is supported.

I have noticed this problem ever since I installed new screensavers from 3D Planetsoft, but I am not sure yet. I tried uninstalling any other programs i had installed recently like Alarm but nothing yet. I also checked the task manager when this occurred but didn't see anything that looked strange. I do not have an anti-virus as my computer isn't connected to internet and I did not install any drivers for the part months. Please help, here are my specs if that can be of help.

AMD Phenom X4 840 3.20 GHz Processor
Asus M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 570 Video card
X-Fi Titanium Sound card
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is offline DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,606 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-Jun-2012, 03:46 PM #2
You've answered your own question/problem.
A screen saver is timed and will minimise Windows to the task bar. I'd like to bet that even if the screen saver doesn't kick in, or even if you think you've un-installed it, there is a component of it still active.
Member with 3 posts.

27-Jun-2012, 08:23 AM #3
Hello, thank you for answering, I run some tests on computer with/without screensavers, with/without background programs running ect. In the end it turned out to be not the screensavers as I remember I had some of them before and none of this happened. It turned out to be the Nvidia control panel which if left minimzes but not closed, would always flash and cause programs to minimize every hour. It does so even when it's closed (but still running) so only solution thus far is uninstalling or killing it in proccesses. I do need it however so I hope there will be an alternative solution. Hope this helps if anybody at all will face similar problem as I saw nowhere such problem occuring.
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is offline DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,606 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2012, 12:04 PM #4
Why do you need that running all the time?
On all the systems I have ever seen, the only reason for leaving it running is if the screen is regularly used by several different people with different viewing requirements. Otherwise you only need it whilst changing settings.

There is a component of the Nvidia supplied drivers that is a screen saver.
Member with 3 posts.

28-Jun-2012, 08:42 AM #5
Thank you for your answer, I just didn't know if the settings applied when program is off. I guess the problem is solved.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
windows 7 minimising

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!