Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Microsoft Office 97 Word Tables

(!)

claudiamthompson claudiamthompson is offline claudiamthompson has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 227 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Jul-2012, 06:56 AM #1
Microsoft Office 97 Word Tables
Hello,

I have used Microsoft Office 97's Word Program for years and just got a new computer, so I had to install another Microsoft Office 97 Word disc onto my computer.

When I look at the Table Options though, some of the options on the appearance of the tables are missing. Which of course, were my 3 favorite ones that I always used.

Does anybody know how to add more options?

Claudia
Computer Specs
Moderator with 53,063 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 07:08 AM #2
what version of word do you have on the windows 7 PC - now ?
is it the starter version which comes free with windows 7 PCs

and what are three missing table options you are after
claudiamthompson claudiamthompson is offline claudiamthompson has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 227 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 07:15 AM #3
Hi etaf,

The Disc says Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition and I had to install it. I have Windows XP on my computer.

I am not sure what the Table appearance options were called but They had gray borders around them, they really just looked like when you make an actual table with borders on an html page. And the other option looked like when you make a table with borders on an html page expect that you add the "border-collapse" to it. The borders and tables werent any color to them except the gray around them, like "3-D" looking.
Computer Specs
Member with 227 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 07:20 AM #4
Oh wow thats really annoying! I just now discovered that when I open any of my old Word Documents that it sticks that left-side navigation thing down the side. I wonder how I can remove that? and hopefully permanently on all of them?

Note: never mind about that I just discovered that when I right click the navigation pane, its called a Document Map and when I clicked on the little square that says that, it disappears on all the old documents. So thats good. Although I noticed it also changed all the bullets to some other style, so I guess I will also have to figure out to change the default bullet style setting too now.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 53,063 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 07:26 AM #5
i cant see why word 97 would change on a different PC and not found anything to add more options - but not having word 97 myself its difficult to see and play
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
add-ins, microfost office 97, options, tables

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!