Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Neeed a video controller for my Dell optiplex gx280 w/Windows 7 32-bit.

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 11:42 PM #1
Neeed a video controller for my Dell optiplex gx280 w/Windows 7 32-bit.
When I installed Windows 7 on my old Dell Optiplex gx280 over a year ago, the video controller for it had no issues at all. Now that I had to re-install Windows on it my video controller in Device Manager has an exclamation on it and it does not work correctly. I have vision problems and before I was able to set things the way that was best for my eyesight. Now I do not have that ability and my searches find nothing that helps online. Since it worked before I would think that it should work again, at least for another month and a half to where I can afford to get a new desktop. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,592 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 12:40 AM #2
Go to the link provided for the Drivers for Dell and type in the Service Tag or Express Service Code http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...oductSelection - you will need the video drivers. Download and install.
Member with 3 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 01:58 AM #3
I have gone to the Dell site and the stuff they have only goes up to Windows XP. Thank you for your suggestion, but I do not have that information anymore and this old computer was bought from the college that I am now attending. Every video driver that I have found will not seem to work and I had to restore my machine to before I installed one of them because when Windows went to load, the video went black.
DerekC has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,705 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jul-2012, 08:45 PM #4
Looking at Dell's website your computer should have a Radeon X300 card.

According to ATI's website, they don't offer support for this card on a Win7 system, but they suggest that you can try the Vista driver.

Click here for the Driver Link.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...3&lang=English
Member with 3 posts.

07-Jul-2012, 05:25 PM #5
I tried to install what you gave me, but I don't think that ATI is what my display adapter is. It did not work and the folder where it should have installed the stuff was empty. Thank you for your help though. Dell is extremely irritating. I think that it might be NVIDIA, but can't remember for sure and opening up the clam shell case is quite a pain.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!