Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Lenovo thinkvantage toolbox download ?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 04:20 PM #1
Question Solved: Lenovo thinkvantage toolbox download ?
I want this software back ! Just tried to reinstall thinkvantage toolbox on my Lenovo X200 (7459-VKQ), win 7 pro, after a failed upgrade but Lenovo have discontinued this software. Spent 2 days looking for an old download but found nothing. Got 'Lenovo Solution Centre' and a bunch of other useless bloatware that will soon be deleted. Now the blue thinkvantage button does nothing apart from enter bios at startup.
Can somebody point me in the right direction for an old download of 'thinkvantage toolbox' please ?
Thanks in advance.
Member with 1,636 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 06:27 PM #2
When you say you tried to reinstall the toolbox exactly how did you try to do this?
Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 06:52 PM #3
I followed a standard looking upgrade path and the toolbox turned into solution center but this failed to work so I had to delete then reinstall. I wasn't aware at the time Lenovo had discontinued toolbox. I now have solution center but this cannot be started with the blue button. It would seem because of PC Doctor not being used by Lenovo anymore, the toolbox has bitten the dust. But there must be 1 copy out there somewhere.
Member with 1,636 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 07:04 PM #4
How did you acquire the toolbox? Did you download it, or did your computer come with it installed?
Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 08:40 AM #5
I bought this machine on ebay without software discs. It came with toolbox installed. The only extra software was about 10 driver files.
would a system restore work ?
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,686 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Jul-2012, 08:57 AM #6
What you have is a lenovo thinkpad x200.I just checked the website for that model and under the downloads for it for windows 7 that driver has been indeed discontinued.There are no old versions of it that can be downloaded and your computer will work fine without it.If it was needed lenovo would of made a newer version of that driver and wouldnt of discontinued it.That driver by the way was found under thinkvantage solutions in the drivers listed.For future reference if you ever have to reinstall the operating system the drivers you need since the computer came with nothing they will be on the lenovo website under support drivers and downloads.
Member with 1,636 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 09:49 AM #7
I have the Thinkvantage toolbox installed on my xp machine. Here are a couple of things you could try. Look in your downloads, and program files, and other areas of your computer for a file similar to this "lttsetup60580224X86.exe". Now your file may not be the same, it may have different numbers in it because you have windows 7, but it should be similar at least the lttsetup part of it. That is the exe file for the toolbox. You should be able to execute that file, and the toolbox should reinstall, at least that is the way it works on my xp machine. Or you may try this. After a visit to the Lenovo forum I came up with this, found here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVan...ox/td-p/762083 Have a read. The next to the last reply, there are two links to a toolbox download that someone came up with about a month ago, one 32bit, one 64bit. If you choose to do that, after I downloaded it, I would run it through my antivirus to check that it is ok before I would execute(note, I have not tried this so as to if it is aok, your guess is as good as mine.) Kind of guessing here since I don`t have windows 7, and as you know, the toolbox has been discontinued.
Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 11:57 AM #8
Got it, thanks guys, I new this site would have the answer.
Member with 1,636 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 12:06 PM #9
Glad to hear you got things sorted out. Was it the download I linked you too? Also, next time the toolbox asks you to update/upgrade, decline.

Last edited by mtzlplex; 20-Jul-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 82 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 08:17 AM #10
@IMP49, Yes it was the download. Works like a charm.
Member with 1,636 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 08:31 AM #11
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!