Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Help printing via remote desktop

(!)

Member with 17 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 05:12 PM #1
Question Help printing via remote desktop
Hello all, I have what is probably a question none of you have heard before. What I would like to be able to do is to remotely connect to another computer system via teamviewer or any other free remote desktop software, and I want to be able to print from that remote computer to a printer at my location. This may sound wierd, but the reason is that my mother does not have a printer and she would like to be able to print coupons from a site such as coupons.com. This site poses a print limit of 2 of each coupon. So, if I have already printed the coupon she wants, she is out of luck. I'd love to be able to connect to her, install my printer on her computer so that it looks like a local printer, and sent print requests from her computer to my printer. The print request must come from her computer, that is why I am trying to do this. I hope this makes sense to someone, and thanks in advance for any help you can be!

I guess in a nutshell what I am looking to do is print from the remote machine to mine, but the printer must be installed on the remote computer and the print request must come from the remote computer and then be sent over the network to my printer at my location.

Last edited by jayjay22; 10-Aug-2012 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: added more info
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 05:31 PM #2
Those coupon checkers specifically block any kind of remote or virtual printing. Even if you got this to work in general, it almost certainly wouldn't work with the coupons.
Member with 17 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 05:59 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
Those coupon checkers specifically block any kind of remote or virtual printing. Even if you got this to work in general, it almost certainly wouldn't work with the coupons.
I know that they can detect and block virtual printing through a VM, but I don't see how they could really block me printing to a remote printer.. But you may be right.. I'd still like to get it setup just cause it would be kinda cool
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is online now DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.   DaveBurnett has a birthday soon! DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,902 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Aug-2012, 09:11 AM #4
Have you tried print to PDF?
I'm not saying it will work, but is worth a try.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

11-Aug-2012, 09:47 AM #5
The coupon printers definitely block that. It's a blatant attempt to get around the printing restrictions.
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is online now DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.   DaveBurnett has a birthday soon! DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,902 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Aug-2012, 11:18 AM #6
Well it was a thought. I've never tried it.
Member with 17 posts.

12-Aug-2012, 08:20 AM #7
Lol yes, it was a thought dave, but yes, print to pdf does not work. I am not trying to print numerous copies of coupons, just want to be able to print some for my mother when there are some she wants. At some point I will pick her up a printer if I see a good sale on one. Problem is, if I went with anything, it would have to be either a laser printer, or an inkjet that is super easy to refill. With the price of ink these days, you gotta be able to refill.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!