Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Is NetWaiting from Adobe & is Foxit Reader Better?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 51 posts.

Experience: learning
31-Aug-2012, 01:36 AM #1
Question Is NetWaiting from Adobe & is Foxit Reader Better?
I dont use dial up, but suddenly I saw that NetWaiting appeared when I was doing a "clean up" by using Revo Uninstaller. It is not showing through my normal Windows Control Panel.... I have no idea where this came from, and I am wondering if it came from an Adobe update? (By the way I no longer install any Adobe updates after the probs their last 2 updates caused and they recognised)

So if I dont use dial up, can I safely remove it from my laptop. The only time I receive calls whilst I am on the net, is through Skype

I had read that Adobe does "bloat" one's system and that Foxit Reader is better.

Any input or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance...
Computer Specs
Moderator with 41,614 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Aug-2012, 08:28 AM #2
NetWaiting is not from Adobe, nor is it included in any Adobe downloads. In most cases it come pre-installed on a computer when it's bought or gets installed with a dial-up modem. Since it's for dial-up its not a new application nor would be it worth being packaged with Adobe or a new product as it wouldn't benefit more then a very small group pf users, toolbars are generally what are packaged with downloads. If you don't use it you can remove it.

Some people prefer Foxit because it's simpler, quicker, doesn't install any background services, and many have less operating issues with it; I find less printing issues in a network environment with Foxit as opposed to Adobe Reader. Foxit Reader comes bundled with the Ask Toolbar so it's not bloatware free either.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,776 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Sep-2012, 12:30 AM #3
Been using Foxit Reader since Adobe came out with v10. Wrestled with the Adobe update for a few days, got fed up and removed Adobe completely. Installed Foxit PDF Reader and have never regretted doing so. Had some crash issues for while until I updated to the latest version 9.1.1. Excellent program.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
01-Sep-2012, 01:01 AM #4
Close your browsers so plugins can be installed and uninstalled. Uninstall Adobe Reader and then install Foxit. I think it's much better, smaller, faster, and without unending updates. Allows some editing and notations. PDF-Xchange is another I like.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!