Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Java installer error...

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Oct-2012, 12:59 AM #1
Java installer error...
Found out my moms laptop is a year behind on java. Though no problem just update it. Well..errors...

The error is "error-Java installer" - "downloadable file c:/users/???5(thats literally the name of the account)/appdata/locallow/sun/java/jre1.7.7.0_0/java.sp.dll is corrupt"

Well I went to that file location and there is no file location. Everything after locallow doesn't exist. So i thought Uninstalling it and reinstalling it would work. Well..no.Same error.

This has me stumped. Any ideas?
Member with 2,536 posts.

07-Oct-2012, 08:50 AM #2
Uninstall all Java installations, then download and install the latest version: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

07-Oct-2012, 11:28 AM #3
Having a user account with special characters in the name is asking for problems. Some programs simply will not work. I can assure you that entire path does indeed exist. It's just hidden from you.

Change your account name to something with only letters.

Then download Java to a specific folder, do not choose the "Run" option. Then double-click on the downloaded executable.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,374 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Oct-2012, 11:39 AM #4
Create a folder on the desktop, then name it Downloads or My Downloads or whatever name you want.

When you select a file to download, direct it to be downloaded and saved inside that folder.

Once you do that, you won't have any trouble locating the files that you downloaded and saved so you can install them.

---------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 476 posts.

07-Oct-2012, 01:31 PM #5
@pip22, I uninstalled all of java and i can't reinstall it because of the error.

@doublehelix, That was my thought so I changed her name and when she logs on her names shows with no special characters but her folder under users still has them and I cant rename the folder. Also hidden files are suppose to be shown and there not there.

@flavalle, I cant even get that far. I downloaded the installer and checked "change destination folder" and clicked next and then the error comes up. I don't get a chance to change it.

So what am I suppose to do if I can't even change the destination folder?
Member with 3,896 posts.

08-Oct-2012, 05:27 PM #6
java
have you tried using javaRA to uninstall java ? if not try it ,restart after running it and then install your java.

http://majorgeeks.com/JavaRA_d5982.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
java error installer.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!