Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Messenger problem

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

06-Dec-2012, 01:38 AM #1
Question Messenger problem
Hello guys,

Basically this error appears whenever it wants.
One day I can start up my computer and the messenger shows this error but it still works that means it ignores the error(still I have to click on the close button on the error to log in mess...) and the other day
I cannot enter messenger all day long.

I am going to show you some images of how this error looks like(it is a common one).

this is the error message: http://imageshack.us/f/528/errormessager.png/
and this is shown after clicking the "click here" button on the error: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lickherev.png/
and this is shows after clicking the second "click here" from the second window popped:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ickhere2j.png/

Other relevant info: My computer is good enought for a mess to run , dual core and 4 Gb Ram if this data matters
I have tried almost everything: scans, disk checks, installed mess again 4 times, also installed earlier versions of messenger, did defrags and EVEN system restores. Nothing worked so far.

This is NOT cause of yahoo service in my country if you are thinking of this.
Member with 2 posts.

07-Dec-2012, 04:50 PM #2
dtmng
I have also seen a procees in the task manager list called "dtmng" about which I couldn't find any refference on net. It consumes memory each time I open a new window or close it. like 50Mb of memory per action and after closing the windows the memory remains "eaten" and the computer starts to have lag. I noticed I can delete that process and nothing happens after, so this is not bothering me, but it might have a connection with messenger.

I searched in registry and also did a normal search upon "dtmng" in my computer and I cannot find anything in my computer, nor did I on internet.

Please help me in some way to make messenger work again. I am so stressed.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
error, mess, messenger

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!