Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: jucheck.exe updated but keeps popping up to update

(!)

Member with 9 posts.

27-Jan-2013, 10:01 AM #1
Solved: jucheck.exe updated but keeps popping up to update
So, I updated my Java when this jucheck.exe popped up to tell me I needed to update. However, since then - it keeps popping up EVERY time I turn on my computer.

I have the administrator acct on my computer, and there are 2 accounts that don't a have administrator rights. Do I have to go into both of these as well to update this Java to get that window to stop popping up (altho I'm pretty sure I created those accounts AFTER updating Java the first time I received the jucheck.exe pop up box).

Thanks
Member with 87 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jan-2013, 09:36 PM #2
jusched.exe is the update checker of JAVA so if this annoys you, you can deactivate it by:
Open start menu.
type msconfig and hit enter. (it may appear a message that requires permission to make changes, just accept)
once opened the Windows Configuration Utility, select the tab Windows Startup (it is like the fourth after services)
There you will find all programs that run at startup:
Find the element that says JAVA(TM) Platform SE Autoupdate and uncheck it.
Click ok, it will prompt to restart. If you wanna do it, the last time it reboots the app juschecd.exe won't annoy you.
Member with 9 posts.

28-Jan-2013, 09:44 PM #3
It's only annoying me because it's popping up EVERY time I turn on my computer.... so what I ended up doing was uninstalling Java and reinstalling a new version - seems to be fine now....so far....knock on windows....
Member with 87 posts.

28-Jan-2013, 10:22 PM #4
this always happens when you turn on the computer. However, if you disable it from msconfig it will stop popping up.
Member with 9 posts.

29-Jan-2013, 08:16 PM #5
LOL - no it doesn't - or shouldn't. Once you've updated the software - the dialogue box should stop popping up - at least that's the way it has always worked with any of those boxes that have popped up before for updates on numerous programs.....

Anyway - tis neither here nor there.... it's not happening anymore - by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it - the problem has gone away.
Member with 87 posts.

29-Jan-2013, 10:07 PM #6
Oh great! Good to know you solved it
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!