Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how can I stop jerkiness in Browser auto-scrolling

(!)

Member with 69 posts.

14-Aug-2003, 02:10 PM #1
how can I stop jerkiness in Browser auto-scrolling
I wonder if anyone knows how to make auto-scrolling (particularly in browsers) smooth..ie. cut out the jerkiness.?

I have been using Opera for some time now, and it auto-scrolls just beautifully on my 98se. It makes browsing a real pleasure to be reading a page as it scrolls down slowly and silky smoothly.

I would like to be able to have the same degree of smoothness in Firebird(very jerky) and /or MyIE2 (less jerky, but still not usable to read while scrolling)
The reason for this is that I am now finding Opera so buggy, crashing so often that I want to get away from it, sadly I must say.

Any information on how to do this will be very gratefully received.

PcB.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

14-Aug-2003, 03:24 PM #2
If you are using smooth scrolling, the fix is to buy a faster processor. Smooth scrolling takes a lot of horsepower to so smoothly at any speed. I personally don't use smooth scrolling, I prefer to scroll by text rows, even with a fast processor.
Member with 69 posts.

14-Aug-2003, 04:32 PM #3
But, as I say, Opera's auto-scrolling is super smooth, so if what you a=say is true, my processor (amd 1.2 gb) is powerful enough.

PcB
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

14-Aug-2003, 04:55 PM #4
Hard to say, could be video drivers, could be stupid programming. I get good smooth scrolling with this P4-2.4g processor equipped machine, I just don't choose to use it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!