Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

can i change colors of clipart using 'paint'

(!)

Member with 88 posts.

16-Mar-2004, 03:04 PM #1
can i change colors of clipart using 'paint'
hi.i am using windows 98 which has' paintshop' .

.I have also some clip art as part of the windows 98 'package'

i would like to change the coloring in some of the (ugly) clipart to make it attractive.

can i do this with paint?

would someone give me the steps i need to go through?
or an internet reference?)(

(how i would get the image onto the 'paintshop' 'canvas', )(or 'whatever'?)

many thanks?

ps..how can i get a hummingbird like the one which is now flying onto the TECH SUPPORT logo?.it is so sweet.

thanks
klutzycompy
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,276 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Mar-2004, 03:52 PM #2
not sure about humming birds but you can have this bluejay if you want:
Attached Thumbnails
can i change colors of clipart using 'paint'-blue-jay.gif  
Member with 101 posts.

16-Mar-2004, 04:09 PM #3
hi,

it is possible to change the colour of the clip art image, though there are other things that you can do with paint, like adding text, basic drawing with the line tool or anything that your imagination can muster with the paint brush tool etc....

i am assuming that you want to change say the blue face of a box into a red etc.... basically just swopping the colour from those found on the clipart.... and so all you need to use is the fill tool ( the icon for it looks like an ink bottle with ink spilling out of it)

First off,
save a copy of the file that you are modifying, just so that shld there be a prob with it or if it you are not happy with the outcome, you could always revert to the original.

Then....

1)Import the clip art image that you want to edit into the workspace by moving your cursor to
==>File / Open ( bear in mind that you can only open image files with .JPG/ .BMP / .GIF extensions only.

2) Select the Fill icon
followed by the colour you want to fill into the clipart (at the bottom of the application screen, choose from the myriad of colours. If u dun see the colour that you want, double click on any of the coloured squares and select Define custom colours == >. use the mouse to move over the colour swatches and use the slider to choose the closest colour that matches your requirements)
//Note: regions of an image that are not fully enclosed by a border (irregardless of the shape of the border) would result in the spillage of the chosen colour over other regions that u might want to leave untouched.
3)Fill colours in and see your result. you can always undo if you are not happy with the applied colour. (just hit CTRL+Z )
4) save your work when its done.

That's abt it i guess.

as for the hummingbird logo, its an animated gif image and there are free softwares that you can use to make it. but i will leave that to others with more experience doing it to explain. been too long since i last did one :P

Have fun
Member with 88 posts.

16-Mar-2004, 06:13 PM #4
Many many thanks,pyrite chips! That is a beautiful.bluebird!!!.

and Thank you also Sprocket.!
The information you gave was very helpful..i have been trying the 'hit and miss' method this morning..i will try and implement some of what you wrote in response..to my "miss's"...
do not know if that is clear...but
Many thanks,indeed
klutzy
Computer Specs
Member with 55,819 posts.

16-Mar-2004, 06:48 PM #5
Your be ble to use more colors if the image is 24 bit true colors.
So if you have some clipart it may only be 8 bit and it will not let you use all the other colors. But convert the image format to 24 bit and your be able to.
Plus on alot of better image program your have options that you will not see or are grayed out if it is not 24 bit image your working on.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!