Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

product key needed for microsoft office 2003 student & teachers addition

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-May-2004, 05:42 PM #1
Arrow product key needed for microsoft office 2003 student & teachers addition
I purchased a laptop with bundled software in Dec 2003. Part of that bundled software was Microsoft Office 2003 Student & Teachers edition. It allowed 2 or 3 installations (I'm not sure which, but I know I have one installation remaining.)

My problem is this: My son has misplaced the paper CD case which the Microsoft Office 2003 Student & Teachers edition came in. When I attempt to install this software on a newly-purchased laptop, it asks for the 25 character Product Key. This is shown on the back of the paper CD case which is gone.

Can anyone tell me the exact procedure to find the Product Key for this software?

Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Member with 113 posts.

22-May-2004, 06:02 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary rapert
I purchased a laptop with bundled software in Dec 2003. Part of that bundled software was Microsoft Office 2003 Student & Teachers edition. It allowed 2 or 3 installations (I'm not sure which, but I know I have one installation remaining.)

My problem is this: My son has misplaced the paper CD case which the Microsoft Office 2003 Student & Teachers edition came in. When I attempt to install this software on a newly-purchased laptop, it asks for the 25 character Product Key. This is shown on the back of the paper CD case which is gone.

Can anyone tell me the exact procedure to find the Product Key for this software?

Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Member with 113 posts.

22-May-2004, 06:07 PM #3
Account Disabled with 8,373 posts.

22-May-2004, 06:22 PM #4
howdy and welcome

If the magicbean bob054 refered to does not work...give a call to Microsoft and plead your case...

I'll be watching this thread for illegal activities

buck

Last edited by buck52; 22-May-2004 at 06:30 PM..
Senior Member with 1,298 posts.

22-May-2004, 06:46 PM #5
If you have the software installed on another of your machines, you should be able to recover a product key code by using a system information program. Run this program on the machine where the Microsoft Office 2003 Student & Teachers edition is already installed.

Go here and download one called EVEREST Home Edition. This should be the same as the old AIDA32 Enterprise System Information program.

http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=products_index

Start the program and look for the product in question. It will give all details about its installation including the key. Super program to have for so many uses.

Last edited by Cosmic; 22-May-2004 at 06:57 PM..
Trusted Advisor with 19,633 posts.

22-May-2004, 06:48 PM #6
I believe Belarc Advisor will show the product key as well.
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Member with 38 posts.

22-May-2004, 08:53 PM #7
I can tell you how to get it but unfortunately I have already gotten into a bit of trouble for posting a ip, not a cd key on another thread!

Email me at [

Last edited by pimpster; 22-May-2004 at 09:18 PM..
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Sep-2008, 03:37 PM #8
Thanks
Magic Jellybean worked. Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!