Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't Remove Corel

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Dec-2004, 12:56 AM #1
Unhappy Can't Remove Corel
Does anyone know why I can't seem to completely remove Corel Suite 11 from my computer? I have gone to the control panel but it does not remove it completely. I also tried going back to the CD but there was no "uninstall" selection.
Thank you.
Earpster
Senior Member with 1,661 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Dec-2004, 09:49 AM #2
What doesn't it uninstall? Sometimes the uninstaller will leave the folder, some small files or logs behind. Those are usually ok to just delete. Post back with what's left after the uninstall.
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Dec-2004, 04:45 PM #3
Thanks for your post. After I have uninstalled Corel through the control panel there is still a small symbol, something like a "setup" emblem. And when I'm doing something like a "search" for something totally unrelated, a window pops up and shows the Corel trying to load. Then it says something like "cannot find file please insert CD" If I press cancel, it comes right back.
Earpster
Senior Member with 1,661 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Dec-2004, 06:21 PM #4
Check the Start Menu and make sure the Corel listing is gone. If not, delete it. Do a search on your drive for corel and find what's left. You may have to clean up the regisistry to get rid of everything.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!