Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Reinstalling default Dell Media Experience

(!)

Junior Member with 9 posts.

16-Feb-2005, 09:58 AM #1
Reinstalling default Dell Media Experience
Do you know how to install Dell Media Experience software?? I have a Inspiron 1150 computer and I use this software to play DVDs. Recently I downloaded a Super DVD sofware package, which is superior in graphics etc., but is limited in the type of DVDs it can play. I am afraid now that it has LOCKED my DVD player to play only DVDs from a single region code. I would like to return to the Dell Media Experience software, and hopefully thiis will UNlock my DVD player. Do you know from where I can re-install the Dell Media Experience program: a CD, the internet or someplace else?

Please help

Peter RJ

PS. Prior to this I have sought the advice of Dell Technical Assistance, but I have not gotten a satisfactory answer from them. At first they said that I can get the Dell Media Experience software from a complimentary Dell Media Experience CD that comes with every Inspiron 1150; then they said it's actually on a complimentary CD called "Dell Utilities and Applications"; then they said I can download the software from the dell website, but when I go to the download section and login it is not listed; and finally, they say I have to buy the software, direct me to the sales dept, which upon hearing what I am requesting directs me back to technical assistance. An extremely frustrating experience.
Account Disabled with 1,099 posts.

16-Feb-2005, 10:13 AM #2
found some info for you. check the forum at dell here.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...id=sw_mediaexp

how to reinstall here.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...ent?dn=1089717
Computer Specs
Member with 1,240 posts.

16-Feb-2005, 11:09 PM #3
DME came loaded on my pc, i've had to reinstall windows several times, including DME. it's on the resource cd-rom that should've come with ur laptop! after that, u need to access updates inside DME & download those from cyberlink. if dell didn't give u a resource cd, i'd complain very loudly til they send u one!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!