Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: help desk analyst interview question

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 19 posts.

Experience: Einstein
07-Apr-2005, 04:04 PM #1
Red face Solved: help desk analyst interview question
Hi Guys, I have an interview for the position of help desk analyst in four days, I am trying to find a site with sample interview questions and answers for this position, I googled it but no luck, can anyone have any sites I can use? if you have a file or any informative articles u can e-mail it to me at :

mondanax@hotmail.com

They said interview is only 45 minutes, and since I really need this job I am over paranoid and nervous! PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
Senior Member with 4,823 posts.

Experience: no longer reading the "dummies" books
07-Apr-2005, 04:28 PM #2
I wish you all the very best, but there are no set rules for interviews, the best advice I can give you is be yourself and don't try and BS your way through.

If you don't know the answer, say so. They interviewers would prefer the honesty to any trash that you might try and bamboozle them with. Interviewers worth their salt will be well aware that you are nervous and should probably take account of that.

Emphasize your strengths, but don't be afraid to admit your weaknesses. Everybody has a weak area, and to tell them that you don't have any would probably be an untruth.

Turn up on time and look like a professional, and relax. The people interviewing are human too
Member with 49,014 posts.

07-Apr-2005, 04:31 PM #3
Puta gave you sound advice, no BS - I can't tell you how many interviews I stopped when I smelled BS.

Be yourself and honest!
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2005, 05:05 PM #4
thanks guys for ur support, I am reviewing my tech books on basically everything, reading up on different technical issues also here!
I dont' BS on interview because if I can't fulfill the position I woul dbe wasting my own sanity on a job I can't do...so yeah I just have some anxiety issues I guess!

And yes I will wear my lucky suit for the interview
Senior Member with 429 posts.

Experience: Software Support / Trouble Shooter
07-Apr-2005, 05:23 PM #5

Hopefully I can be of some help, being that I started at a support desk...

1. How do you deal with stressful situations? (in general help desks are stressful, how are you able to keep your cool when the lines light up... IT HAPPENS)

2. You are the firstone that people often talk to, they are pissed off/angry that thier CPU does not work, how will you deal with this? (IE, how can you appease them/ calm them down/no escalate thier feelings)

3. How do you interact with people over the phone, and what is one of the best ways you can talk with them to let them knwo you care about them? (smile when you talk... it comes through the phone)

4. What are you going to do between calls? We dont expect you to work like a banshee all the time, but we dont want you to fall asleep during the lulls, what can you do to fill your time constructivly?

5. What makes you a good team member?

6. Describe your work ethic?

7. How would you step a person through fixing a problem over the phone when you are not there to assist them physically? Methods? Information Gathering? Are you on the Same Page (is the problem understood).

Jsut a few for you to think about, but by no means the end all be all...
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2005, 05:29 PM #6
Thanks for the questions, my main concern is not the behavioural questioning aspects of this, I just need some practice technical questions and answers that's all! I am pretty good at talking about everything else, I just sometimes get nervous answering tech questions when I am pressured and knrow that my whole background will be judged based on some technical thing that I know and just freez and can't answer! U know? it sucks!
Trusted Advisor with 19,684 posts.

07-Apr-2005, 06:32 PM #7
I have had a few interviews in the past couple of months and most of the questions are usually related to what type of person you are and how you handle stress. There were very few technical questions.
Computer Specs

07-Apr-2005, 07:04 PM #8
Hmm interesting cause I have had a couple of help desk interviews, in one I was asked about where I was from and if I have any affiliation with terrorist groups cause I am originally middle eastern and the second one the guy was just flirting with me and wanted to take me out for dinner...I just left!
Third interview I was asked all technical questions that were extremely complicated in regards to network infrustructure and active directory's little tricks and all!
Well still I am jobless! hopeing monday will go well! guys please wish me luck I so need it!
Senior Member with 4,823 posts.

Experience: no longer reading the "dummies" books
07-Apr-2005, 07:11 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondanaX
if I have any affiliation with terrorist groups cause I am originally middle eastern
LMAO, like you 're really going to tell them!!!

Good luck!
Computer Specs

10-Apr-2005, 09:48 PM #10
thanks a lot guys, my interview is tomorrow (MONDAY) I will keep you posted!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!