Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Error in MAPi32.dll

(!)

Junior Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-May-2005, 03:44 PM #1
Error in MAPi32.dll
I keeping getting an error reading" The ordinal 129 could not be located in the dynamic link library MAPi32.dll" At the top of error box it says ccap.exe. Also Norton Anti Virus will not do scheduled auto scan. Is this error connected to Norton not doing auto scan?
Error sometimes reads odinal 21, also. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Computer Specs
Gone but never forgotten with 9,807 posts.

28-May-2005, 10:22 PM #2
Seems that both ordinal 129 and ordinal 21 are related to email problems, are you by any chance using Eudora ?

29-May-2005, 03:16 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecom69
Seems that both ordinal 129 and ordinal 21 are related to email problems, are you by any chance using Eudora ?

02-Jun-2005, 09:49 AM #4
No, but I have found that Outlook Express will not load,
Junior Member with 3 posts.

05-Jun-2005, 05:52 PM #5
I also had "Ordinal 21" and "Ordinal 129" errors related to email programs after downloading Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2005. The 129 errors tended to occur when starting up NIS 2005, or when receiving emails. The 21 errors occurred when NAV scanned outgoing emails. Symantec tech support seemed t think it was not their problem, and suggested a number of highly useless fixes. However, I searched for MAPI32 and found teh location in WINDOWS\System32\ directory. Hovering the cursor over a file in Windows Explorer (at least in Win XP Home) shows the properties and this file was apparently from Mozilla not Microsoft. On the Microsoft support website FAQs I could not find a specific reference to this error, but it suggested using sigverif.exe to find drivers in this folder that do not have digital signatures, and mapi32.dll was one of over 900 that it found! Not wishing to spend hours on a fruitless search for new drivers etc., I then found another FAQ about fixing corrupted MAPI32 files that said installing many programs can cause the mapi32.dll file to be corrupted and suggested running a tiny 3K program in the same directory called fixmapi.exe. I did this, and the errors have apparently disappeared. I suggest this as a possibe fix (especiallly if you recently downloaded Netscape 8.0, Mozilla or Firefox browsers, new email programs like Netscape 7.2, or security programs like NIS 2005, and are getting this type of error in ccApp.exe (themain component of NIS 2005.)

05-Jun-2005, 05:54 PM #6
Ordinals 21 and 129 not found errors
I also had "Ordinal 21" and "Ordinal 129" errors related to email programs after downloading Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2005. The 129 errors tended to occur when starting up NIS 2005, or when receiving emails. The 21 errors occurred when NAV scanned outgoing emails. Symantec tech support seemed t think it was not their problem, and suggested a number of highly useless fixes. However, I searched for MAPI32 and found teh location in WINDOWS\System32\ directory. Hovering the cursor over a file in Windows Explorer (at least in Win XP Home) shows the properties and this file was apparently from Mozilla not Microsoft. On the Microsoft support website FAQs I could not find a specific reference to this error, but it suggested using sigverif.exe to find drivers in this folder that do not have digital signatures, and mapi32.dll was one of over 900 that it found! Not wishing to spend hours on a fruitless search for new drivers etc., I then found another FAQ about fixing corrupted MAPI32 files that said installing many programs can cause the mapi32.dll file to be corrupted and suggested running a tiny 3K program in the same directory called fixmapi.exe. I did this, and the errors have apparently disappeared. I suggest this as a possibe fix (especiallly if you recently downloaded Netscape 8.0, Mozilla or Firefox browsers, new email programs like Netscape 7.2, or security programs like NIS 2005, and are getting this type of error in ccApp.exe (themain component of NIS 2005.)

05-Jun-2005, 05:56 PM #7
I was surprised to find tha my last message posted twice. The first time, the site gave me an error. Apologies for double posting!
Computer Specs

06-Jun-2005, 12:07 AM #8
Many thanks for letting us know the outcome so that others may benefit in the future ...

06-Jun-2005, 09:23 PM #9
Couldn't get fixmapi.exe to work after I found it in system32, but also found a site online while searching for fixmapi.exe there, that spoke of deleting file FRMCACHE.DAT from Windows files. Did this and Outlook Exoress now
opening properly.
Computer Specs

06-Jun-2005, 09:47 PM #10
Good news,thanks for the update
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2005, 04:29 PM #11
thanks for the hint. I was having the "Ordinal 21 not found" problem too. I know that Mozilla installs a MAPI32.DLL in Windows\System32. I replaced it with the old version from another PC that did not have Mozilla and the problem has gone away. Warning: this may break Mozilla email. Mozilla email still works for me however.

I also sometimes got messages that CCAPP.EXE had crashed during logon, and once got a message "Symantec User Session failed. If you were in the middle of something your data may have been lost."

I tried reinstalling the Norton Internet Security but that did not help.

Using Symantec Internet Security 2005, Mozilla 1.7.5 (email), Firefox 1.0.4, Windows XP SP 2. Also had earlier Mozillas 1.3, 1.5b.

Last edited by tomtul2; 28-Jun-2005 at 01:39 PM..
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Feb-2008, 12:11 AM #12
Error in MAPi32.dll
I am having similar problems with Norton 360 and Eudora 5.2.0.9

Norton crashes when I try to configure the antispam app
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!