Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: IMSI MasterClips

(!)

Member with 84 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-May-2005, 06:48 AM #1
Solved: IMSI MasterClips
I have IMSI MasterClips 303,000 which was primarily designed for Windows 3.1 and Win95. It worked OK on Win98.

I am unable to get it to work on Win XP.

It installs OK and runs for the first time, however when I exit the program it comes up with a General Protection fault and thereafter I can't run it.

Anyone had similar problems and/or know a solution? There are a lot of clip art (WMF) images I want to use and the IMSI viewer was the best way to view them.

Thanks
Senior Member with 1,764 posts.

31-May-2005, 08:25 AM #2
Are you using or have you tried Compatibility Mode ?
Member with 84 posts.

31-May-2005, 06:46 PM #3
Sorry, I should have stated that.

Yes tried compatibility mode with all versions

Have to de-install it and then re-install to test, but always the same GP fault when exiting and then can't re-open it.

Would it help if I posted a copy of the error message?
Member with 142 posts.

01-Jun-2005, 04:52 PM #4
IMSI Masterclips
Dear kiwi wombat,

For several years I used Masterclips 33,000 on Windows 95 but when I had a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition it would not work and I was led to believe it was not compatible. Like you I found the "search" facility on Masterclips very useful.

If you use Google and type in " 800 Thousand Clipart" ( without the quotes) you can find details of the Clipart which I purchased as a replacement. This is on two DVDs, as the name suggests it has a huge choice and a search facility even better than Masterclips.

I realise that you are in Australia and do not know whether it is available there, but it would be worth having it shipped from the U.K. if necessary.

Best Wishes,

Red Cloud
Member with 84 posts.

01-Jun-2005, 09:01 PM #5
Thanks Red Cloud, at least now I know it is not my set up and will stop looking for fixes. I have found the 800,000 Clipart via Google and will now look for it in Australia.

Incidentally yesterday I just found a program called Super Cat which will read the contents of a disk and create an index which is searchable. Unfortunately it doesn't open WMF files but it will tell you what disk something is on. This used in conjunction with ACDSee 7 as a browser looks like it might help. At least I will be able to use the MasterClips images

Thanks to you all for offering assistance
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!