Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Mcafee Active Shield problem.

(!)

Member with 198 posts.

09-Jun-2005, 08:18 PM #1
Mcafee Active Shield problem.
Everytime I load up my computer I get an error active shield says some component's are missing or might not have been installed properly. Please reinstall active shield. What can i do to fix this? Where can i get mcafee active shield without having to purchase it to fix this problem? I downloaded mcafee virus scan so I have that but I still can't do anything till i get the active shield working.
Member with 3,896 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Jun-2005, 05:44 AM #2
mcafee
you should be able to redownload from mcafee. i would uninstall mcafee and put AVG7 free in. i did that 8 months ago. i had mcafee 9.0 and what a pain.

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Vir....html?tag=list
Member with 1,200 posts.

Experience: active involvement
10-Jun-2005, 06:39 AM #3
found this on mcafee help site:
What do I do if SecurityCenter is 'missing components'?
If you receive this error message, complete the following:

Close all application windows.
Click Start, then Run and type the following into the 'Open' field exactly as shown: REGSVR32 MSXML.DLL
Click OK.
Restart the computer

hope this helps
what version of mcafee do u have? i've used it for years with no problem
and this is the first i've heard of active shield

Last edited by t bone; 10-Jun-2005 at 06:45 AM..
Junior Member with 2 posts.

16-Apr-2007, 07:30 PM #4
Unhappy Active Shield Error
On t bone's last thread, what i typed in the RUN command, and it didn't work. My laptop couldn't find the right file. Help??
Computer Specs
Member with 6,964 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Apr-2007, 07:45 PM #5
What versions of virus-scan and security center do you have? What is the exact error message that you're getting?

Last edited by stantley; 16-Apr-2007 at 07:59 PM..
Junior Member with 2 posts.

23-Apr-2007, 04:18 PM #6
error msg
I have McAfee version 9
The Active Shield message says: "Some components of ActiveShield are either missing or might not have been installed properly. Please reinstall ActiveShield. If you have started your computer in safe mode, please restart your computer in normal mode to enable McAfee VirusScan."
Computer Specs
Member with 6,964 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Apr-2007, 04:37 PM #7
This is from McAfee tech support http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/

I receive the following VirusScan error: 'Some components of ActiveShield are missing'

Summary: This article explains how to identify and troubleshoot the missing components error displayed by VirusScan.

Product Versions:

* VirusScan 8
* VirusScan 9

Operating Systems:

* Windows 98 / Me
* Windows 2000
* Windows XP Home / Pro

Description

This error can be caused by several factors. Please follow steps 1 through 3 to troubleshoot common causes to this error.

Step 1: Verify other anti-virus programs are not installed

1. Open Add/Remove Programs located in the Control Panel.
2. Go down the list of installed programs and see if any anti-virus programs are installed (other then McAfee VirusScan).
3. If another anti-virus program is found, it is recommended to uninstall them to resolve this error.
Note: You may also need to uninstall/reinstall McAfee VirusScan (refer to step 2).

Step 2: Uninstall/Reinstall VirusScan
Uninstall

1. Open Add/Remove Programs located in the Control Panel.
2. Locate and select McAfee VirusScan.
3. Click Remove to begin the uninstall process.
4. When prompted, please reboot the PC.

Reinstall

1. If you have an online subscription to VirusScan: please refer to the following FAQ:
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=70669
2. If you have a VirusScan CD-ROM: please insert it into your CD-Rom Drive to begin installation process.
Note: if the installation window does not autorun, click Start > Run > and type D:\SETUP.EXE (If your CD ROM drive uses a different letter other than D, substitute that letter for D.).
3. If you downloaded the installation package (.exe): Locate the VirusScan installation .exe file and double-click to begin the installation process.

Step 3: Verify your system is not infected with a virus

1. The easiest method is to use FreeScan. For instructions, please refer to http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=72292
Note: This process will simply tell you if your system is infected with a virus. If you are infected with a virus and require assistance removing the infection, please refer to the following URL: http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/vrContactOptions.asp for virus removal options.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!