Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can I change image size and resolution to a whole folder?

(!)

Member with 281 posts.

24-Nov-2005, 10:31 PM #1
Can I change image size and resolution to a whole folder?
Is there a way in Photoshop or any other program to change the image size and resolution to a folder that has many jpegs images in it? Otherwise, I will have to change the size and resolution to about 250 images. If Photoshop won't do it is there another program that will??

Thanks,
Senna
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

Experience: 1+3+3=7
24-Nov-2005, 10:36 PM #2
http://www.irfanview.com/ batch convert (use resampling).
Member with 281 posts.

24-Nov-2005, 11:03 PM #3
Thanks Neon,
I saw how you can resize one image but not a whole folder. I could only select resampling if I opened up a picture. I went to where I thought you were saying image>resize/resample but it is greyed out until I open an image. Once I open a image I could select the resize/resample and then I could change that image. How do I go about resizing the entire folder.

Thanks so much for your quick response!
Oh, Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

Senna
Member with 17,584 posts.

24-Nov-2005, 11:13 PM #4
File - Batch Conversion - add all the image file in the folder by selecting all the files (not the folder) and Add, select "use advanced options", "set advanced option" Resize ...
Computer Specs
Member with 5,646 posts.

Experience: 1+3+3=7
24-Nov-2005, 11:14 PM #5
Put all the images in the "input files" section. Under "set advanced options" you can change many settings.
Also, i'd recommend you leave the original files intact, and create a new folder for all the processed images to go into during the conversion.
Member with 4,092 posts.

Experience: "No threat to Einstein"
24-Nov-2005, 11:23 PM #6
Another option.

If you happen to have Windows XP and just want to easily resize a few images there is a small program you can download.

Go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

You will find "ImageResizer.exe" down on the right hand side of the page.

This program when installed adds a very good basic image resize feature to your right click. Then all you have to do is pick one of a few size options it gives you. It keeps your origional file as it was and creates a smaller version with (small) added to the name.
Senior Member with 869 posts.

Experience: Enough
25-Nov-2005, 04:48 AM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx
Another option.

If you happen to have Windows XP and just want to easily resize a few images there is a small program you can download.

Go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

You will find "ImageResizer.exe" down on the right hand side of the page.

This program when installed adds a very good basic image resize feature to your right click. Then all you have to do is pick one of a few size options it gives you. It keeps your origional file as it was and creates a smaller version with (small) added to the name.
Not sure what algorithm this uses though (probably Nearest Neighbour or Hermite as opposed to Lanczos etc), but I don't think that it'd be as good quality as iView. However, for small increments of resizing, or decreasing the size, it's a useful context menu option to have ^.^
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!