Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Mail Recovery, Juno

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Oct-2006, 04:13 PM #1
Mail Recovery, Juno
Whoever may be able to help !
I backed up my Juno mailbox, address book etc. in Windows 98, transferred the files via zip drive to newer, used computer, Windows 2000P , but am unable, after installing Juno software, to recover the mailbox, JBK file. Everything else was recovered. Juno keeps telling me the files must be corrupted and only Juno Software is able to open it. I don't beleive the files are corrupted.
Is there another way to save and open these files in another program ?

Thanks for any help
Bruna
Member with 6,052 posts.

05-Oct-2006, 04:44 PM #2
Did you use the backup wizard ( Start> Juno> Juno Backup Wizard) to move the files to your new Juno install? On your programs list, click Juno and then Juno System Information. Scroll down to the Juno_ini_File section and near the end of the section, you will see [Juno Users] with the path listed under it to the files.
Use this path to your files. You can copy the following files, director.frm files which contains a list of all your email folders. All files that begin with fold are your individual email folders. Go to the new machine and find the same folder and paste the files into the new Juno. A screen may appear asking if you want to replace the existing files. If you are sure that you want to replace your existing files with the files you saved, click Yes. If this doesn't work, you might have to use the backup wizard on the old machine to make a new backup of your files. Make a new backup and try using the backup wizard on the new machine and select restore to import them into the other Juno.

Last edited by Augie65; 05-Oct-2006 at 05:01 PM..
Computer Specs

06-Oct-2006, 01:13 PM #3
Thank you, I did use the Backup/Restore wizzard but the mail did not restore, I will try your way today.
Bruna
Computer Specs

06-Oct-2006, 02:48 PM #4
Mail Recovery, Juno
Dear Augie,
I followed your instructions, got to the INI files, USER files, could not find ANY director.frm files in the USER folder, neither files beginning with FOLD. I even went through the Search Files and Folders option.
Where could they be ?
I should have new frm files, since I have begun a new mailbox, while the old one is sitting on the desktop, and a copy in another folder, and another copy on a zip disk.
Please help again.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Bruna
Member with 6,052 posts.

06-Oct-2006, 03:57 PM #5
I have an older version of Juno. See if you can find a mailbox.bdb and mailbox.atr files in the USER0000 folder on your old computer. The mailbox.bdb should be your email messages. The mailbox.atr contains the list of folders, the list of messages in each folder, and information about each message. If you find these files, copy it to your new computer and see if they will open.
Computer Specs

09-Oct-2006, 02:24 AM #6
Augie 65,
Thank you but nothing works, I restore and restore, am told files have been restored, but they are nowhere to be found. Tried to import folder version, no luck. In the meantime, I even lost my new e-mails...
Any other suggestions ?
Thanks
B
Computer Specs

09-Oct-2006, 02:28 AM #7
Dear Augie 65,
I tried everything, but no luck. I restore the backup, am told files have been restored but they are nowhere. Tried to import the folders but no luck. ANy other suggestions ?

Thanks,
Bruna
Member with 6,052 posts.

09-Oct-2006, 01:49 PM #8
I don't know why you can't see the files in Juno. The import or restore backup should work.
I found this program that you might use to see if you can open your messages. If this doesn't help, I am out of ideas, sorry.
juno5bdb
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!