Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP Digital Media Archive Pop Up

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Dec-2006, 05:25 PM #1
HP Digital Media Archive Pop Up
I keep getting repeated pop ups referring to the HP Digital Media Archive on my HP Pavilion a1410n Media Center, operating Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

It states "The feature your are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package EZARC.msi in the box below."
" An installation package for the product HP Digital Media Archive cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package EZARC.msi" When you click nothing happens and the pop ups continue.

I located the HP Digital Media Archive in the Add/Remove window and clicked on additional information which shows a source "HP". Clicking on this takes you to home page of Sonics and from there I can't find anything referring to the HP Digital Media Archive.

I also went to the the HP Application Recovery and tried to find the HP Digital Media Archive to reinstall it,but it is not listed. I could use some help!
Computer Specs

04-Apr-2007, 09:36 AM #2
I am having the same exact problem! Please help! How do I make the HP Digital Media Archive pop up stop??
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 09:24 AM #3
I too am having the same problem...it's been going on for about a month. When this happens, it messes up my whole system. I have to power off totaly and reboot.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,366 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 04:28 PM #4
Welcome to the TSG forum Ya'll ... No help yet
Can't help here, But maybe it's time to Email HP support.
pavilion_support_en@mail.support.hp.com

Their response time used to be about one hour .... But it's up to a day or so now.
I'm guessing they're swamped by Vista problems.
Computer Specs

06-Apr-2007, 10:33 PM #5
I did contact HP earlier today and from what I can tell, the problem has been fixed. I just simply deleted the program. So far so good. Oh, by the way...I heard back from them in about an hour.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,366 posts.

07-Apr-2007, 03:38 PM #6
What did HP Say ???

I'm Guessing EZARC.msi has something to do with the Sonic Program supplied by HP.
Does Sonic still work ???

Experience: Intermediate
16-Apr-2007, 10:16 AM #7
HP digital Media archive EZARC.msi
Yes I had the same problem chat with HP and told me to do this Start,run type msconfig,startup and disable DMA check box, reboot solved !!
Computer Specs

11-Jun-2007, 05:09 AM #8
Question?? My program list isnt even showing the HP digitalmedia anywhere and what it does show on the list does not give you the opportunity to delete(there is no box that says delete!) Any ideas????
Computer Specs

21-Jun-2007, 06:34 PM #9
Exclamation same thing
well i am having the same problem and i would usually say... someone help... but seeing as though no one knows... i have emailed hp and i will paste there email in the reply box so we can all see it and hopefully all move on without having this annoying little popup. i have tried just about everything i know but i do believe that it isnt in control panel. i have tried command prompt to disable the program... nothing works... i will reply back shortly
Computer Specs

21-Jun-2007, 06:36 PM #10
continued
and disableing the program from the startup batch wont fix the problem it will just cover it up... it will work if you are looking for a fix
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

02-Jul-2007, 12:08 AM #11
didnt work for me
Computer Specs

02-Jul-2007, 12:09 AM #12
any one got a fix for this yet?????????
Computer Specs

02-Jul-2007, 12:09 AM #13
sheet

13-Jul-2007, 06:02 PM #14
Remove the DMA program from your PC. That will clear up the error message which is related to Sonic. However, I recently tried to send photos via HP Photosmart and keep getting a message: "Unable to send" It loads 15%, 32%, 46% on the first photo, and then I get the error message. I can send photos other ways without any problem (email, attachments). The Photosmart function worked fine before I removed the DMA program. It does work for printing photos, but not for sending them.

I have a strong suspicion that Photosmart and DMA are somehow connected. The guys at HP don't seem to know(at least the one I talked to).

Has anyone esle who removed the DMA had the same problem trying to send photos via HP Photosmart. I would like to get this feature back because it is very handy!

Any help on this one will be appreciated,

Thanks, Konaman

01-Oct-2007, 09:50 PM #15
Thumbs up got the cure
to fix this problem, which i also had, Go to start/run, type in MSConfig, then go to start-up tab and hit uncheck all boxes, then apply.. it will prompt to re-start computer, and you will have fixed problem. It worked for me.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!