Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How can I keep unneeded processes from starting at startup?

(!)

Member with 390 posts.

06-Mar-2007, 12:02 PM #1
How can I keep unneeded processes from starting at startup?
I'm writing this as if it's my computer, but it's actually for my daughter. (I only say that because I don't have the computer with me, and may not be able to respond to questions for a day or two.)

"I" just bought a new Toshiba laptop, pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, with a 1.4Ghz Celeron M430 processor and 512Mb RAM. Right out of the box it has been ridiculously slow to start up. It takes 5 minutes or more before all the desktop icons are in place and we're ready to go. And, according to Task Manager/Performance, the CPU almost always runs at 100% usage.

After searching for a cause, using Task Manager I found that there are 87 processes that open at startup. And there's hardly any applications loaded on the computer. (By comparison, my desktop, running WinXP Pro, has only 31 processes open.) It's hard to imagine that this many processes are really needed. So my questions are:

1. How can I find out which processes are and are not needed?
2. If in Task Manager/Processes I end a process, will it re-start at next startup?
3. If I determine a process is not really needed, how can I keep it from starting at startup? (They don't show in msconfig/startup, so I can't just un-check them.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. As I noted, if I don't respond quickly to any questions, it's because I don't have access to the sick computer. Thanks to all who may help.
Account Disabled with 11,098 posts.

Experience: Ask My Computer It Knows Everything
06-Mar-2007, 12:12 PM #2
Here is a place to check them just copy and paste them into the box

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

You can use msconfig to stop them from starting up

click on start, then run, and type msconfig and then press enter. When the window opens, click on the startup tab
Member with 390 posts.

06-Mar-2007, 12:51 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonk
Here is a place to check them just copy and paste them into the box

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

You can use msconfig to stop them from starting up

click on start, then run, and type msconfig and then press enter. When the window opens, click on the startup tab
Thanks. I'll try that link.

But only a handful of the processes show up in msconfig/startup; most don't. Isn't there another way to prevent a process from starting automatically?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 47,105 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Mar-2007, 01:18 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpseeker
But only a handful of the processes show up in msconfig/startup; most don't. Isn't there another way to prevent a process from starting automatically?
At one time there was a web site run by someone going by the name Black Viper that had a pretty good list of services and processes. It included information on which ones could be safely shut down and prevented from starting at the next boot up. Another support web site has reproduced most of that content.
Account Disabled with 11,098 posts.

Experience: Ask My Computer It Knows Everything
06-Mar-2007, 01:19 PM #5
Depends what it is.........

If we can see your startup list would help.

Here's how

Download Hijack This to your desktop
Open it and click on the Hijack.exe it will open and use the default path
Check do you wish an Icon.......
Click on Icon and choose Open Misc Tools Section
Then at the top Click on Generate a Startup list.... it will open in notepad

Copy & Paste it in your next reply
Member with 89 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Mar-2007, 06:42 PM #6
I use, and prefer, WinPatrol.

www.winpatrol.com

Its a free, nifty utility that lists all your active programs, start up programs and much more.

WinPatrol has come through for me where Windows XP cannot. Ever had a window that won't close, and Control Alt Delete hangs? WinPatroll has a Kill Task option that I use often.

And with the tabbed, itemized section of start up programs, you can start, stop, disable, startup programs from within this tab.

Enjoy.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 238 posts.

Experience: Between Beginner and Intermediate
07-Mar-2007, 10:41 AM #7
SysInternals http://www.sysinternals.com Autoruns is a neat little program that is free and will show all processes running and does give some information on what the processes are.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

Experience: Mac Addict
07-Mar-2007, 10:44 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos1
SysInternals http://www.sysinternals.com Autoruns is a neat little program that is free and will show all processes running and does give some information on what the processes are.
I was just going to suggest that. It's a great utility that shows everything that runs on start-up.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 4,825 posts.

Experience: Semi-advanced
07-Mar-2007, 09:32 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpseeker
I'm writing this as if it's my computer, but it's actually for my daughter. (I only say that because I don't have the computer with me, and may not be able to respond to questions for a day or two.)

"I" just bought a new Toshiba laptop, pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, with a 1.4Ghz Celeron M430 processor and 512Mb RAM. Right out of the box it has been ridiculously slow to start up. It takes 5 minutes or more before all the desktop icons are in place and we're ready to go. And, according to Task Manager/Performance, the CPU almost always runs at 100% usage.
You've got other problems. I can't see anyone releasing/selling a computer that takes 5 min. to boot up. Most folks I've spoken to report very speedy boot up times with Vista. Your rig seems rather underpowered for Vista. Was this bought from a legitimate source?
Computer Specs
Member with 68 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Mar-2007, 10:03 PM #10
I suggest you download the following site. After installation, click on ctrl/alt/delete all at the same time. Whatever processes you want to know about click the little blue icon next to it and all will be shown to you.

http://www.processlibrary.com/quickaccess/

Hope this helps, but there is nothing like a 'hijackthis expert" analyzing your log on this site, they are wonderfully dedicated and you will benefit greatly from the advice you are given.

kind regards,

Last edited by tallin; 07-Mar-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

07-Mar-2007, 10:47 PM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticEyes
You've got other problems. I can't see anyone releasing/selling a computer that takes 5 min. to boot up. Most folks I've spoken to report very speedy boot up times with Vista. Your rig seems rather underpowered for Vista. Was this bought from a legitimate source?
Actually, I would expect that from "a new Toshiba laptop, pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, with a 1.4Ghz Celeron M430 processor and 512Mb RAM". It probably has a graphics adapter that shares the 512MB RAM and is also loaded with McAfee or Norton, and whatever other bloatware was included.

We may be able to help if the OP posts a HijackThis log as suggested yesterday by Bonk.
Member with 390 posts.

11-Mar-2007, 01:30 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonk
Depends what it is.........

If we can see your startup list would help.

Here's how

Download Hijack This to your desktop
Open it and click on the Hijack.exe it will open and use the default path
Check do you wish an Icon.......
Click on Icon and choose Open Misc Tools Section
Then at the top Click on Generate a Startup list.... it will open in notepad

Copy & Paste it in your next reply
My daughter finally ran HijackThis. Unfortunately, what she sent me was 3 screen shots, as a Word (.doc) file. Is there any way I can post this file? Or should I ask her to re-run HijackThis and save a log file; then copy and paste into a reply?
Member with 390 posts.

11-Mar-2007, 01:44 PM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticEyes
It was a factory-sealed box purchased at Office Depot.
Member with 390 posts.

11-Mar-2007, 01:46 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4d
Actually, I would expect that from "a new Toshiba laptop, pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition, with a 1.4Ghz Celeron M430 processor and 512Mb RAM". It probably has a graphics adapter that shares the 512MB RAM and is also loaded with McAfee or Norton, and whatever other bloatware was included.

We may be able to help if the OP posts a HijackThis log as suggested yesterday by Bonk.
My daughter finally ran HijackThis. Unfortunately, what she sent me was 3 screen shots, as a Word (.doc) file. Is there any way I can post this file? Or should I ask her to re-run HijackThis and save a log file; then copy and paste into a reply?

Do you think a memory upgrade to 1Gb would make much difference?
Member with 390 posts.

11-Mar-2007, 03:13 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4d

Here's the log file (finally).

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:06:39 PM, on 3/11/2007
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16386)

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\ltmoh\ltmoh.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynToshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\TOSHIBA\IVP\ISM\pinger.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\mskagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMYPRT.EXE
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpWareSE4.exe
C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GDllCmd.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\SkypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcuimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Users\Darling\AppData\Local\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/?v=msgrv75
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LtMoh] C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HWSetup] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KeNotify] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PINGER] C:\TOSHIBA\IVP\ISM\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HSON] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MskAgentexe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CanonMyPrinter] C:\Program Files\Canon\MyPrinter\BJMyPrt.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OpwareSE4] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\OpwareSE4.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LifeCam] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\LifeExp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VX3000] C:\Windows\vVX3000.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eFax 4.2] "C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GDllCmd.exe" /R
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_0
O4 - Global Startup: eFax 4.2.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger 4.2\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nlaapi.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\napinsp.dll
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807563E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~1\Google\GOOGLE~1\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: GoogleDesktopManager - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopManager.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (MPS9) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\qwave.dll,-1 (QWAVE) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\seclogon.dll,-7001 (seclogon) - Unknown owner - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!