Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

[b]How can I scan a double sided document and turn it into one pdf file?[/b]


(!)

neos1's Avatar
neos1 neos1 is offline
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 238 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: upper middle
Experience: Between Beginner and Intermediate
19-Mar-2007, 02:32 PM #1
[b]How can I scan a double sided document and turn it into one pdf file?[/b]
I have both Microsoft word and Open Office, two printers that will scan and a scanner with Abbyy OCR software. I'm trying to scan a two sided document and turn it into a single pdf file
Any suggestions?

I deadend when I try to combine the two sides by copy/paste. Once I copy side one both office products seem to consider that on document and I can't
figure out how to add the second side.
jdl's Avatar
jdl jdl is offline
Member with 587 posts.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Experience: Intermediate
19-Mar-2007, 04:16 PM #2
Try this...
Have a look at PDFCreator here. One of its "features" is "Merge multiple files into one PDF."
letchworth's Avatar
letchworth letchworth is offline
Member with 860 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York State
Experience: eager to learn more
19-Mar-2007, 10:42 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos1
I have both Microsoft word and Open Office, two printers that will scan and a scanner with Abbyy OCR software. I'm trying to scan a two sided document and turn it into a single pdf file Any suggestions? .
Abbyy software (whether the freeby version included with a scanner or the stand alone version) is able to copy multiple pages in a document, whether sequential, subsequent or totally unrelated pages.

I use the separated steps--- Step one "Scan"--- Then scan in another page and another page until all pages have been added to the scan batch--- then Step 2: Read---- Then I save it (I use the option in V.7 to send it to Star Writer--- which keeps most of the formatting intact and saves it to a temporary file with .rtf extension. This is associated with OpenOffice and automatically opens the file & program.

In OpenOffice you can recover any lost formatting and then File>Export as PDF

I do it all the time and it works great
Good luck
letchworth
neos1's Avatar
neos1 neos1 is offline
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 238 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: upper middle
Experience: Between Beginner and Intermediate
20-Mar-2007, 08:39 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl
Have a look at PDFCreator here. One of its "features" is "Merge multiple files into one PDF."
Hey thanks for the input. I've been looking at pdf creator and I just down loaded - I'm going to try it out. Thanks.

Abbyy software (whether the freeby version included with a scanner or the stand alone version) is able to copy multiple pages in a document, whether sequential, subsequent or totally unrelated pages.

Quote:
I use the separated steps--- Step one "Scan"--- Then scan in another page and another page until all pages have been added to the scan batch--- then Step 2: Read---- Then I save it (I use the option in V.7 to send it to Star Writer--- which keeps most of the formatting intact and saves it to a temporary file with .rtf extension. This is associated with OpenOffice and automatically opens the file & program.

In OpenOffice you can recover any lost formatting and then File>Export as PDF

I do it all the time and it works great
Good luck
letchworth
I have Abbyy 6 and Open Office. I've copied your instructs. I've yet to work it out. If it's there I'll figure it out. Thanks
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.


(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


WELCOME
You Are Using: Server ID
Trusted Website Back to the Top ↑