Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Itunes C++ runtime error

(!)

Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 08:42 PM #1
Itunes C++ runtime error
I just ran into this problem this evening. I'm wondering if anybody can help. I've found some old threads about but they aren't helping? My problem:

Microsoft visual C++ runtime library
runtime error

C:\program files\itunes\itunes.exe

What can I do? Should I simply reinstall? If so how do I reinstall itunes I've had little luck with this lately.

I did the reinstall/repair option but it continues

yes it pulls itunes up and then I get the message then itunes closes? I ran adaware but can't do anything unless I register which I can't do right now. I ran spybot which cleaned a couple of things. I am about to run AVG which is the third time I've done that in about four days.

I'm very close to doing a system restore. I also believe I have too many processes running also but i don't know which to stop/close. Probably too much information.

likned some of this from a different message borard. with little help
Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 09:08 PM #2
bump help please?
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,366 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Mar-2007, 09:42 PM #3
Any chance you can let us know what version of Windows you are running and the exact version of iTunes? Some versions of iTunes have big problems with Windows Vista.

EDIT: Is this a new installation of iTunes or some kind of update installation?
Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 09:48 PM #4
I'm running XP. I've had itune on my CPU for sometime. I updated to 7.02 or whatever it is about a month ago.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs

27-Mar-2007, 10:03 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritle
I updated to 7.02 or whatever it is about a month ago.
Since you say the problem started today, have you recently installed any kind of software that may be in any way related to playing any kind media files or burning discs? Any Windows updates?

Always the possibility that updating to the latest and greatest version (7.1.1) may correct the problem ...

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...orwindows.html
Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 10:08 PM #6
is that a better plan than a system restore? I did go to control panel>add/remove programs>repair itunes and the same thing happened. I also just ran AVG anti-spyware and removed 274 traces.
Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 10:30 PM #7
I got new version problem solved thank you
Computer Specs

27-Mar-2007, 11:03 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritle
I got new version problem solved thank you
You are welcome.

I was going to earlier suggest "Go ahead and try the new version; what have you got to loose?" and then thought, "oh maybe a few hundred $$ of iTunes store purchases!"

Glad to here that the new version solved the problem.
Member with 32 posts.

27-Mar-2007, 11:32 PM #9
majority of my music is on an ex-HD
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jul-2007, 06:33 PM #10
itunes problems
For everybody who has the problem just run the apple software update, and that will fix the problem. Thanks
Member with 32 posts.

15-Jul-2007, 12:45 PM #11
more itunes ??'s
so I have had success with reinstalling itunes in the past and have run into some error again. Now when I reinstall it informs me that ipod service failed to start and I must be sure that I have sufficient privileges. as a result I am not able to finish the installation nor am i able to run itunes.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Jul-2007, 12:48 PM #12
itunes problem
you have to update itunes , and you have to make sure that you are the "administrator" of windows so you are able to get to install itunes correctly.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!