Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Pagemaker to PDF file

(!)

Member with 67 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Apr-2007, 11:36 AM #1
Pagemaker to PDF file
I am trying to export a Pagemaker file as a PDF file, but it asks me to install a Postscript printer driver. I downloaded one and installed it in the same directory, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas ??
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 04:59 PM #2
Well, if you can print to any printer, you could install something like CutePDF and just print to the CutePDF driver. A nice bonus is that the basic package is free.
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is online now cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 45,340 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Apr-2007, 05:10 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTu
and installed it in the same directory
It has been a while since I have done this but I do believe that the PostScript printer drivers should install as a printer and not be asking what directory you want to use.

FWiW, Adobe offers generic PostScript drivers for various languages here
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

EDIT: It has been a long time singe I used PageMaker. As I recall, it did not support saving a file as PDF unless a a full version of Adobe Acrobat was installed first:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=320923

JohnWill's suggestion of cutePDF may be a good solution if you do not have a full version of Acrobat. Another free PDF creation program is PrimoPDF.

Last edited by cwwozniak; 06-Apr-2007 at 05:16 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!