Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: My sound stopped working!

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
04-May-2007, 03:08 PM #1
Solved: My sound stopped working!
I don't know what happened but i just turned my computer on like normal and noticed the sound wasn't playing when i opened itunes...so i plugged my headphones in to make sure it wasn't just the speakers...and i tried playing other things with sound and nothing the sound just stopped!? nothing is muted i already checked and i have my volume all the way up...i have no idea what happened?

(i don't know if im posting this in the right forum if its not the right forum tell me which one is and i will move it)

Problem solved and now i feel retarded hahaha

Last edited by Sicopath123; 04-May-2007 at 03:45 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

Experience: Mac Addict
04-May-2007, 03:25 PM #2
Are all the cables connected? In Control Panel > Sounds and Audio devices, is the volume all the way up?

04-May-2007, 03:35 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrija1
Are all the cables connected? In Control Panel > Sounds and Audio devices, is the volume all the way up?
yep already checked that all and i know its not the speakers becuase i plugged my headphones into the computer and they won't work either
and i alread turned all the volume controls up...wait ok now i feel retarded...some how the wave volume on the volume control went down...? weird but wow i feel a bit retarded now ha ha thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

04-May-2007, 04:04 PM #4
Sure.

If your thread is solved, please mark your thread solved by selecting Mark Solved and clicking Perform Action in the Thread Tools at the top of your thread.

04-May-2007, 04:08 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrija1
Sure.

If your thread is solved, please mark your thread solved by selecting Mark Solved and clicking Perform Action in the Thread Tools at the top of your thread.
Done...

once again i feel retarded ha ha ha thanks alot i would have went into every sound program thing i could find to see what was wrong ha ha
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

04-May-2007, 04:24 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicopath123
Done...

once again i feel retarded ha ha ha thanks alot i would have went into every sound program thing i could find to see what was wrong ha ha
That's fine, don't feel bad.
Junior Member with 29 posts.

06-May-2007, 09:09 AM #7
Hiya

Well I have a problem with my sound. Computer fine one minute, then I was removing some old tat and then restarted the computer and for some reason I have no sound device. I have looked at everything and can't find anything wrong anywhere other than the computer cannot detect a sound device!! The computer is only 7 months old so it's not worn out! can anyone help??? I want my sounds!!

maz
p.s. sorry If I'm being a numpty!!
Computer Specs
Member with 7,983 posts.

06-May-2007, 11:01 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maz19690
Hiya

Well I have a problem with my sound. Computer fine one minute, then I was removing some old tat and then restarted the computer and for some reason I have no sound device. I have looked at everything and can't find anything wrong anywhere other than the computer cannot detect a sound device!! The computer is only 7 months old so it's not worn out! can anyone help??? I want my sounds!!

maz
p.s. sorry If I'm being a numpty!!
Please create your own thread for this.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!