Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Norton antivirus 2007 keeps asking to update

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jun-2007, 05:38 PM #1
Solved: Norton antivirus 2007 keeps asking to update
Hey,

I've just bought Norton Anti Virus 2007. It's OK, but theres one problem, it keeps asking me to update, despite the fact it tells me its updated. Grrrrr.. Doesn't affect anything just slightly annoying.

Anyone else had the same problem? I'm running XP media centre.

Thanks.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 818 posts.

30-Jun-2007, 10:58 PM #2
theres not a check box in norton for automatic updates? i havent used that in awhile i use trend micro & avg now but i belive theres a check box in the program to turn off automatic updates, then just make sure you update a few times a year...
~later
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

01-Jul-2007, 12:56 PM #3
I know in the past with Norton, you sometimes have to completely uninstall and re-install to eliminate such errors. It seems their Live Update gets confused, probably because of a corrupted database.
zyper95 zyper95 is offline zyper95 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 881 posts.

Experience: More than I know
02-Jul-2007, 07:20 PM #4
I had the same issue with norton 2207 regarding for the update even though it is already updated...but until i found out that the reason for this error was when you are updating and your connection got interrupted it will prompt you again once you reboot to update since your last Live Update was not successful although Norton do not have log files showing for the interruption. So to solve your issue just run again Live Updatejust make sure it will not be interrupted again.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 43,211 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jul-2007, 07:34 PM #5
A quick thing to check is the time and date, if the computer has the wrong day, month, or year it'll confuse Norton. Also note that you can uninstall LiveUpdate and reinstall it without unisntall the entire Norton product.

Last edited by Triple6; 02-Jul-2007 at 07:47 PM..
Senior Member with 236 posts.

Experience: Einstein
04-Jul-2007, 10:33 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calv666
Hey,

I've just bought Norton Anti Virus 2007. It's OK, but theres one problem, it keeps asking me to update, despite the fact it tells me its updated. Grrrrr.. Doesn't affect anything just slightly annoying.

Thanks.
I agree with Triple 6
start with checking date and time..correct it if incorrect..since the not only symantec but all servers when connecting match ur profile info that u registered with timezone and location and if date and time are incorrect...it may lead to this situation ..if this works well and good else try the following.
apart from this go to control panel\add remove program and check what all is listed as liveupdate..if u find liveupdate 3.2 and any other livereg or liveupdate's older version uninstall all of them first
then go to my computer c:\documents and settings\all users\application data(sometimes hidden so unhide(tools>>folderoptions >>view tab select show hidden files and folders)\symantec\ and delete the entire liveupdate folder
then reinstall the liveudate 3.2 from
http://lu3002.notlong.com
restart your computer and run liveupdate once
for this prob u mostly dont need to uninstall the norton but if all the above dsnt work then install the new upgrade from www.symantec.com/newnav
Junior Member with 1 posts.

03-Aug-2007, 04:55 PM #7
Norton Antivirus 2007 Keeps Asking for an Update
I too had the same problem. I upgraded from 2006 to 2007, but the problem persisted. I noticed a full system scan was done at a different time as well. To make a long story short, I saw that one of my kids changed the date on my PC. As soon as I changed it to the correct date, Norton was operating fine. You just have to run Live Update with the correct date!
Senior Member with 236 posts.

Experience: Einstein
06-Aug-2007, 12:49 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calv666
Hey,

Thanks.
HI Calv666,
if ur issue has got resolved pls mark this thread as solved by clicking of "Thread Tool" on top right side of the page.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!