Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SnagIt 8: how to change image size in PDF

(!)

Member with 56 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-Jul-2007, 02:14 PM #1
SnagIt 8: how to change image size in PDF
I'm using SnagIt 8 to capture a web page and saving it to the PDF. The problem is that the image on the PDF page is so small, only taking up about half the width of the page, when the browser window that it was captured from is 1024 pixels wide.

I know about the Page Setup options that let you specify that an image be stretched to fill the page, but these only seem to apply to printing the image. I also know about the PDF Page Setup options that let you scale down an image if it is too big, but there appears to be no way to scale it up.

Can someone tell me how to stop SnagIt from making images so small in PDFs? I know that TechSmith, who makes SnagIt, has their own forum completely devoted to SnagIt, but I've already searched there and haven't found an answer, and don't want to have to register at yet another forum to get an answer if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Zoe
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

03-Jul-2007, 08:50 AM #2
This is a question that probably would be answered pretty quickly by just sending an email to TechSmith. I just looked, and there's no obvious way, but I only spend 30 seconds.
Noyb   (Jay) Noyb is offline Noyb is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 19,474 posts.

03-Jul-2007, 09:06 AM #3
Not sure what you mean by Small ..
But here’s a Screen Shot (1024x768 screen) using Screen Hunter Free ... to a gif Image ..
http://www.download.com/3000-2192-10063246.html

and the Free Pdf Creator ..
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Is this any better ???
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SH001.pdf (36.9 KB, 177 views)
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

03-Jul-2007, 09:37 AM #4
You can obviously process the video first.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!