Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I Clean My Computer. Now Speakers Dont Have Sound.!! ; ;

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
21-Aug-2007, 05:28 PM #1
Unhappy I Clean My Computer. Now Speakers Dont Have Sound.!! ; ;
: Hello!
I'm in big trouble please help me out ; ;. I recently clean up my computer but now my speakers won't transmit any sound. This it’s what I did.
'My computer->Right-click on Local Disk->Properties->Disk Clean upAfter it was done my speakers wouldn't work I went for help and support . Follow the questions but nothing. I plug my speakers on another computer and it work. so it must be a missing file but I can't or don't know how(what) to do ; ;.Trust me, I did anything I look for files. And updates; maybe it would work. But it didn’t fix anything. I really don’t know where to look for sound files or speaker ; ;.This its the error messages that apperared after I tried to play a song."Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly"
It’s very strange I have done disk clean up and nothing wrong happened before. Also it’s not only on windows media player it’s for anything that requires a sound devices (Internet)
Please help me put what should I do If its fixable tell me step by step I'll do it ; ;

Last edited by cuddies; 21-Aug-2007 at 05:33 PM..
new tech guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Aug-2007, 08:32 PM #2
Ok have you tried system restoring to before the disc cleanup as it sounds as if your soundcard drivers have corrupted.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
22-Aug-2007, 02:04 PM #3
I did system restoring yesterday. but Disk clean up wasn't post it. If you are right. I have no other choice to buy soundcard ?; ;
new tech guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

22-Aug-2007, 02:13 PM #4
No you dont need a soundcard. Just find the disc containing the driver software for the sound card and install the software. Reboot and see if your problem is fixed.
Senior Member with 152 posts.

22-Aug-2007, 07:09 PM #5
No, you don't need a new sound card.
I'm assuming that you have VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) onboard sound.
Check and see, right click My Computer/ Properties/ Hardware tab/ Device Manager.
Scroll down to 'Sound, video and game controllers, click the plus + sign, see if there is a yellow exclamation mark, right click to update driver, while there check the properties, does device say working properly, and device (enable)
*note, I've had success before by uninstalling the VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM), rebooting the computer and the hardware wizard finds the controller and reinstalls.

Another thing to check, right click My Computer/ Manage/ Services and Application/ Services, scroll down to 'Windows Audio' and make sure it says 'Started and Automatic'

Another place to check sound, Start/ Run/ type> dxdiag
ok, under the 'Sound tab' test the sound.

If you need the drivers, get WDM_A400
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!