Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"Vinyl Deck" (AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)

(!)

Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Sep-2007, 09:36 AM #1
"Vinyl Deck" (AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
I've accidentally uninstalled this program from my computer, now my sound won't run at all... is there anywhere that anyone knows of that I can get that same driver?
Member with 1,631 posts.

05-Sep-2007, 02:31 PM #2
Something to consider: I did a Google search for "Vinyl Deck Codecs", and it seems vinyl deck to be associated with VIA Technologies, but if I were you I would double check for yourself. I did find this one link, http://www.downloadsource.net/c161/via/ which has a VIA AC97 codec combo drivers pack for several different OS`s, or you could go to Via Technologies, and look at their list of drivers. Note, since I do not know what os you use, type of computer, onboard sound/sounddcard, or even if the via drivers are for sure the ones you need, these hints, are just suggestions/a place to start. It is possible VIA drivers are not even the type you need, but vinyl deck seems to be connected with via. Remember Google is your friend. Good luck, I know the feeling, almost nothing worse than a computer without sound.

Regards
IMP49
new tech guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Sep-2007, 04:18 PM #3
Why dont you start by simply telling us your computer specs. That way we can find drivers that match your system. Tell us the make, model, and operating system is all we need really.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 42,434 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Sep-2007, 09:30 PM #4
Or you can download it from the VIA website: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx...0&SubCatID=100

06-Sep-2007, 11:51 AM #5
Uhm ^^; how would I go about figuring out my os and things like that? ^^;; Its most definately VIA that I need I've figured..I had the roll back driver working yesterday (The Intel integrated sound system and it worked fine...but now it says that that isn't there either.
... never mind the fact that my computer refuses to shut down properly. And when I start it up it always says the Windows/System32/System file is missing x.x
Computer Specs

06-Sep-2007, 01:23 PM #6
OS is the version of Windows you have, so it'd be Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, or Vista.

The driver I linked too supports all VIA CODEC's and all versions of Windows except Vista.

07-Sep-2007, 10:48 AM #7
Windows XP Home Edition is the one I have then..
I tried downloading it but it still says it doesn't work..
Computer Specs

07-Sep-2007, 01:14 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by new tech guy
Why dont you start by simply telling us your computer specs. That way we can find drivers that match your system. Tell us the make, model, and operating system is all we need really.
Is the computer a name brand system like a Dell or HP, or custom built?

What was the exact error message? Did you run the setup/installation?
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

07-Sep-2007, 02:44 PM #9
Also have you tried running system restore to go back to before you uninstalled the codec. It may simply solve the issue we have here.

13-Sep-2007, 02:18 PM #10
My computer refuses to run a system restore and it also won't reboot. or shut down. I have to manually do it with the on off switch at the back. I don't have the install disk or a rescue disk either.
Member with 312 posts.

Experience: Einstein
13-Sep-2007, 06:15 PM #11
If you can't run system restore, reboot or shut down, I do believe that your audio should be the least of your worries.
Reinstalling the VIA AC97 audio from www.viaarena.com should have restored your audio functionality, however.
It may be pertinent for you to obtain a copy of the factory restore media for your specific brand and model of PC.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

14-Sep-2007, 02:52 PM #12
What happens when you attempt a restore?

15-Sep-2007, 09:40 AM #13
It just doesn't do anything. O.o
but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
after my computer decided to start rebooting again I promptly did a system restore and that go my audio all working again. Sometimes though it continues to give me the Win32/config/system error when booting up.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

15-Sep-2007, 08:13 PM #14
After the prompts have you tried to reboot, if you reboot, or try to, what happens that it does not happen?

17-Sep-2007, 08:54 AM #15
It just stops where it is..like on the Windows is shutting down screen. it just stays on. doesn't shut down. But it seems to be working alright now. However I remember once I had to leave in a hurry so I shut the computer down and was gone for three hours, when I came back it was still on the Window is shutting down screen.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!