Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

YouTUBE - Wont play anything in any broswer

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Sep-2007, 04:23 PM #1
YouTUBE - Wont play anything in any broswer
hi

My dad is having problems with youtube and im stumped, I was going to reset IE7 completely until i found that it done the same in FireFox....
What happens is when he goes on youtube the videos just wont start playing and the spinning dots just stay in the video window rotating around... I have tried everything including deleting all temp files+cookies in both browsers , re-installing Flash, downloading and running flash debugger for ie... I have checked and javascript is enabled, i got it working once by signing him OUT of youtube but after that initial time it wont work... even now he is signed out...
he has forgotten his username etc.... ive checked my account and theres no settings to disable the videos anyway plus he's no longer signed in aswell....

so how would it work that once?....

Im completely stumped... his ITV 1/2/3/4 streaming works fine through Microsoft Active X WMP control... is there a javascript/flash fix for windows????
new tech guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

29-Sep-2007, 04:42 PM #2
Could be the youtube server. Sounds like its a problem on their end if the window is loading to play the vid but it will not play. Try a similar site and see if you have the same problem. If not it is probably their end with trouble.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 09:12 AM #3
nah its summit on the PC no viruses or such
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 09:25 AM #4
google video works fine... he has sygate on the PC and i think its blocking the IP the video comes from.... however whilst connected to his comp via remass i disabled sygate and still didnt work BUT i cant be sure sygate service was still running in background like most security apps do
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 03:03 PM #5
Try disableing sygate from ms config then and then reboot the machine. Does a third party browser such as firefox load the pages fine?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 03:07 PM #6
same happens on Firefox...THOUGH...i did get it working once.. and that was by signing him OUT of youtube... a vid then worked once only (this was in Firefox) but never worked again... we tried to sign back in but he couldnt remember his details... I then tried to sign in and it said my details were incorrect? so i tried on my pc and signed in no probs and there is no options to disable vids? anyway i erased all temp/cookies/history and emptied windows temp(s).... will try Msconfig disable when he's back on...

when i disabled sygate i exited by right-click tray icon and choose exit then opened task manager and closed 'guard.exe' which i believed was AVG AS but nothing else was there relating to sygate or security (apart from avp.exe ((kaspersky))..)
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 03:22 PM #7
Hmm, and other flash still works correct?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 03:24 PM #8
yes that im aware of.... google vids still works and that runs on flash doesnt it? the youtube vids in google dont still
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

03-Oct-2007, 03:30 PM #9
Yes it does work in flash on google video. Possiblility it is in the restricted sites zone of the browser? Try cirumventing this by adding it to the safe sites list of ie.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

04-Oct-2007, 07:56 AM #10
yeah ive set all privacy/cookies to default in IE7..
Firefox was only installed to check if it was just IE7 but its still the same in both browsers...
I have re-installed FLASH and SHOCKWAVE with latest versions.... removed sygate and enable windows firewall...
and its still the same...in fact my dad says that youtube seems to be slower at actually loading up the pages....
there is NO HOST file (even if there was i doubt youtube would be on there)...

the only thing we havent tried is System Restore or a complete RESET on IE7 (but i doubt that would work as
firefox is the same)

Its seems to me that the Networking Connections or something has become corrupt and the server IP that holds
all the videos is being blocked by windows....

Last edited by paulb100; 04-Oct-2007 at 08:08 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

04-Oct-2007, 09:22 AM #11
UPDATE: I invite everyone to install newest version of FLASH and SHOCKWAVE and see if youtube works ...cos ive done that on my laptop and now im the same situation as my dad..
Ytube dont work BUT everything else flash does.... the reason i say shockwave is thats what it asked me to install to view flash so i just follwed it through and i also uninstalled flash and re-installed it for firefox... now Ytube is slow to respond on ceratin vids but when it does the dots keep spinning...THEN after leaving for 10mins one video came on.... could this be Ytube servers V. BUSY or what?

anyone else have problems? or know what the IP address is of a server?
Computer Specs
Member with 1,811 posts.

04-Oct-2007, 01:32 PM #12
..........i have sorted MY problem...i RESET IE7 then uninstalled flash using the uninstaller.. then I installed Flash (which only seemed to work for Firefox) then run IE7 and went to a flash site that was working i Fireofx and it said needed flash but it actually installed shockwave...after this things were still the same then i let the Ytube window keep loading a video and after 4 mins it started...i done it again with another video then after that somehow it all works again???

My dads says his vids come on the after 4 mins aswell so im gunna uninstall flash and reset IE7 on his tomorrow and try his then and see if its working...

so far i can only assume that there is a bug in the newest version of FLASH/SHOCKWAVE when trying to access video from YT servers... as mine was fine until i installed the newest version and i think my dad installed newest version for a shockwave games site....
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

04-Oct-2007, 03:17 PM #13
Hmm that could be it the master reset should clear everything. Also assuming it is xp and there are multiple accounts, do the videos play in another account. I had a browser go funny in my mom's account on my dad's laptop and fixed this by resetting the account it fixed whatever was wrong and restored full browsing functionality.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!