Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Komodo Security Software

(!)

Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Dec-2007, 06:50 PM #1
Komodo Security Software
Hello gang. I've just come across the KOMODO site while looking ofr a password keeper type program. They offer '''free' iVaulty and other anti-virus, firewall apps etc.

I am wondering iif anyone here might be using these apps and what their viiews are of them before I install any?

Thanks
Account Disabled with 1,183 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 01:11 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyToo
Hello gang. I've just come across the KOMODO site while looking ofr a password keeper type program. They offer '''free' iVaulty and other anti-virus, firewall apps etc.

I am wondering iif anyone here might be using these apps and what their viiews are of them before I install any?

Thanks

Heads Up:

I'd been using and luving Comodo Firewall for quite a while. (The one with the "K"is the reptile dragon, but they R cute 2) After spending many, many hours recently diagnosing huge inexplicable CPU usage issue....I nailed the source: Comodo firewall. It then happened in my backup system. I swtiched to Zone Alarm and the minute I got rid of Comodo....my issue was fixed.

I then learned many members here had been impacted by Comodo of late and someone linked me to the threads delineating the miseries.

Not even sure wut happened....and maybe they fixed it, but given the above, right now, I would at least stay away from their firewall until I get proof that it is normalzed.

It certainly was a wondrous, cutting edge company when I learned about it....am sure it will B again.

Just please, B careful. Things change. Should also add, the two systems in question run xP Pro. Comodo is still running problem free on my laptop which runs XP Home. I have no clue. But better safe than sorry.
Member with 5,654 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 12:16 PM #3
I'm using Version 3 of the firewall in Advanced mode and with Defense+ enabled, and haven't had any problems so far.

I'm also running their Anti Malware (formerly BOClean) without problems. I'm not sure if BOClean is needed now as I have the Intrusion Protection component in the firewall, but I'm leaving them alone until I get problems.

Obviously, the fact that it works for me and my XP Home configuration, including the latest version of NOD32, doesn't mean it will work for you. If you have disk imaging software, this is the time to use it!
Senior Member with 1,993 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 01:06 PM #4
I'm finding v3 much better than 2.4 - lower CPU and memory usage as well.

Mind you, I didn't update, I uninstalled 2.4 and then performed a clean install.
Member with 5,654 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 01:44 PM #5
I seem to remember that V3 uninstalls 2.4, if you haven't done it already, because it is completely new, and different, so it can't be installed over 2.4.

lister; are you using XP and, if so, which version? Some of the many complaints I have seen about V3 have been from Professional users, and I wondered if there was any connection or whether it was just coincidence.
Senior Member with 1,993 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 03:14 PM #6
XP pro, sp2. Comodo v 3.0.13.268. Running with Defense+ etc.
Member with 5,654 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 03:57 PM #7
Oh well, another theory bites the dust!!

11-Dec-2007, 06:03 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGG
Oh well, another theory bites the dust!!
....where the dust mites will devour it.

I have irrational fear of dust mites....but that is now trumped by terror of frying mobos.

Last edited by Ariesjill; 11-Dec-2007 at 06:17 PM..
Member with 5,654 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 07:10 PM #9
Never mind your fear of dust mites.......what about the ones that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to walk over your face? http://skindisease.suite101.com/arti...spp_face_mites

11-Dec-2007, 07:17 PM #10
Quote:
Never mind your fear of dust mites.......what about the ones that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to walk over your face? http://skindisease.suite101.com/arti...spp_face_mites
I thank U intensely & deeply... for the only laugh I have had since my mobo died. Though I get it is actual. It was also hilarious.

Offtopic embellishment: I recently took day off just to do uber down washing project with expensive special down detergent and dustmite killer......and then used/put on far more expensive mite precluding items I bought on anti mite site....matress cover, comforter cover, pillow covers. It's about microns and zippers.

Now....does mascara kill the mites U just turned me onto at the base of my lashes...or does it just piss them off?
gollum456 gollum456 is offline gollum456 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 374 posts.

Experience: Thought I knew a bit - until I joined
11-Dec-2007, 07:23 PM #11
you could try this one works for me. can even delete folders to military level (or so it says)

http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/
Member with 5,654 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 07:35 PM #12
Unless you could get a mascara with a trace element of strychnine, I assume the little perishers would just eat the stuff!

On second thoughts, strychnine, even in small doses, might not do you much good. Better to look for one with a trace of concrete and wall them in.!

I do realise the link between dust mites and unpleasant conditions. My son occasionally suffers from low level eczema and his tests showed that dust mites were implicated.

At least your follicle mites aren't thought to cause any problems to their hosts.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

11-Dec-2007, 07:36 PM #13
Comodo using all my resources.
Why comodo firewall slowing down my windows xp all the time.
I reaches 100% all the time. I can't even open firefox or create a new tab.

Puregizmo
http://puregizmo.com
gollum456 gollum456 is offline gollum456 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 374 posts.

Experience: Thought I knew a bit - until I joined
11-Dec-2007, 07:45 PM #14
comodo firewall causes many people problems including myself, thats why i uninstalled it..
if you have a problem you should open a new thread, not post in somebody elses.

11-Dec-2007, 07:47 PM #15
Quote:
Unless you could get a mascara with a trace element of strychnine, I assume the little perishers would just eat the stuff!

On second thoughts, strychnine, even in small doses, might not do you much good. Better to look for one with a trace of concrete and wall them in.!

I do realise the link between dust mites and unpleasant conditions. My son occasionally suffers from low level eczema and his tests showed that dust mites were implicated.

At least your follicle mites aren't thought to cause any problems to their hosts.
Thanks anew 4 the bonus laughs. Pls let me know when yr HBO comedy special is due 2 air.

I have decided to try expoxy at the lashes base. My Trendo micro anti mite software which I paid 4 is just not working I think!

Another fix might B to put small spiders in each follicle. Think FOOD CHAIN.

Re yr son....I knew I wasn't being paranoid about these sickening creatures!!!!!

We betta stop the offtopic....unles someone has a freeware we can downlaod we R missing.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!