Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Aol Mail (old and new formats)

(!)

Member with 190 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Jan-2008, 12:25 AM #1
Question Aol Mail (old and new formats)
I realize most people hate aol mail but I'm one of the few who still use it. Anyway my problem is that they started a new format where you could choose to view your new and old mail together instead of having seperate folders for each. I accidentaly clicked the link the popped up that asked me if I wanted it setup in the new format and now I cant figure out how to go back to the old format. I checked in the mail settings and cant find anything there. Can anyone else who uses aol mail help me out with this?
Junior Member with 1 posts.

06-Jan-2008, 04:33 PM #2
You can switch back to AOL's New Mail and Old Mail folders by clicking on this URL:

http://inbox.aol.com/mail/changeMailboxStyle?style=auto

Note: You MUST be signed in to AOL with your screenname and password to access this URL

You can find more information here:
http://journals.aol.com/websuiteblog...fied-inbox/350
Account Disabled with 1,183 posts.

06-Jan-2008, 05:56 PM #3
Good links above. I would not give up now free AOL setup as I have customized it mail for anything. You pick and chose the elements you want and you HAVE...those options. Their rotating carousel is worldclass and nobody else has anything lke it. Their software has options to repair itself without doing clean install.
Aned bite me, I do like (chose it) when I open AOL, Chis Rock greeting me! Too bad if anyone thinks this is for infants. I also like...keepng aOL open while dong other stuff....that an incoming mail generates a subtle little click.A lovely little audible heads up. Just this....is fabulous.

I am tired of broad brush, simplistic dissing. I started using AOL I think, well after it was dissing worthy.--when I was still on dialup. Now with my broadband I retain my now free AOL in all my systems....I do wish people would be more discerning.

I also tried the new format....and got rid of it immediately and went back to the old in 9.0 Optimized.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!