Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Greeting Card Factory Program

(!)

Member with 92 posts.

07-Jan-2008, 08:23 PM #1
Greeting Card Factory Program
I have a greeting card program by Nova Development called Greeting Card Factory Deluxe. Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem.

The problem is that the printed greeting card image is off set to one side by a quarter of an inch, rather than centered as displayed on the monitor. I checked with the Nova Development people who seem to indicate it most likely is a printer (HP) communication problem. After speaking with HP about the problem, several different drivers were tried, but the problem still persists. I would appreciate any help you may offer.

By the way, if anyone can recommend a good greeting card program, please let me know.
Thank you.
Computer Specs
Member with 1,348 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Jan-2008, 09:12 PM #2
Hi, for what it is worth, I have print artist and hp printer. Same problem.

Another thing to look at, before giving up is paper size. Many programmes like print artist assume all people are American and as such use paper size, letter. If you use A4, this would also result in margins being off center. Solution is to change paper size to A4.
A last possibility has to do with the limitations of all inkjet type printers. These printers are not capable of printing 16mm from the bottom of the page. On some hp printers there is a setting "simulate lazer margins". While this does not give you a perfectly centered print it is close enough so as not to be the first thing one notices.

My solution is to create my own greeting cards using corel draw where I can place the text and pictures so that it is exactly centered when I print and fold. The problem is corel is expensive software and if you only want greeting cards, it is not worth it.
Member with 92 posts.

08-Jan-2008, 11:40 AM #3
Thanks a lot,caraewilton. I'll try your suggestions, but it wasn't clear as to what size paper to use from the current A4 size which I've been using.
Bagalot
Computer Specs
Member with 1,348 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Jan-2008, 02:44 PM #4
If you are using A4, then make sure your printer settings are for A4, not letter.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!