Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Uninstall Lava Soft Ad-Ware SE Personal

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Aug-2008, 01:56 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: Uninstall Lava Soft Ad-Ware SE Personal
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and a beginner. I'm using Windows XP Pro on a Dell XPX. Problem: In 2006, I installed a freeware called Adware SE Personal. Some time later, I thought I uninstalled it. I am trying to install Charter Security Suite and there is a conflict. Charter tech asked me to read all of my programs. When I read Lavasoft SE Personal he advised it was causing the conflict and to uninstall it. There is no option for me to unistall this software. It is not listed in "My remove Programs" I followed some other advice on the NET saying go to my program files. I did and found Lava Soft with Adware SE Personal with Lang Plug ins and skins listed under it. In addition, I trued to open the unregaaw.exe file and it would not open. I tried to open the unwise.exe file and it opened a box saying could not open Install.log file. Can anyone tell e how to remove this LAva soft adwware se personal from my computer. Although not listed as an installed program I still have the remnants of the software on my computer. I appreciate any assistance this forum may provide. Thanks
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
18-Aug-2008, 02:02 PM #2
Did you run some sort of "cleaner" on that machine? It probably removed your install logs so you will be unable to uninstall any program that uses a log file.

Reinstall AdAware. That will repair the uninstaller. Then, uninstall in Safe Mode and delete the folder in Program Files.
Computer Specs
Member with 30 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Aug-2008, 02:57 PM #3
Elvandil thanks for the response. I did what you recommended. I found a new version and downloaded it. It asked me if I wanted to remove all previous versions which I did then I cancelled the new installation. I went to Charter and re-downloaded their security suite and all appears to be working. Again thanks for the help...Charlie
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
18-Aug-2008, 06:02 PM #4
Actually, it was exactly the same version that you should have downloaded and installed, but trying it with a new version was going to be my second suggestion. They have different files and installers so in general, you need the same version.

Glad you got it working. This one, luckily, uninstalled previous versions, but that is not the usual case. So if you ever need to fix an uninstaller again, install the same version as the one you are trying to fix.

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,660 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Aug-2008, 11:14 PM #5
the newest free version of adaware is adaware 2008. hope this helps someone.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!