Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

SQL 2005 Server Problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Sep-2008, 03:00 PM #1
Question SQL 2005 Server Problems
Im having trouble with the SQL Server. When installing the program the Database services will not correctly install. An error message appears saying that the service will not start. I have tried every option i can find and nothing seems to work. Im using the server to connect databases in a program called ACT. When trying to open databases, a message says "could not connect to sql server instance". I think it is an installation problem. How can i get the server database to install correctly. i have unistalled and reinstalled several times following all directions correctly. i Have download the SQL server 2005 express edition and installed it but still can not get it to get the database services to install.
GLComputing   (Mike) GLComputing is offline GLComputing has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 367 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Sep-2008, 03:43 PM #2
Try the suggestions listed here - http://tinyurl.com/449c6e
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
act, sql server, sql server instal error

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!