Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

N360 backup file is huge!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 313 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Sep-2008, 06:07 AM #1
Question N360 backup file is huge!
My laptop has an 80GB hard disk, and Norton N360 backs it up to an external 160GB disk. I recently moved my iTunes folder off of my laptop and onto the external hard disk to free up some space, and I noticed this morning that I had an error saying that the external disk was full. My iTunes folder is around 25GB in size, but the Norton 360 folder is now over 110GB. How can that be, if my laptop is only 80GB? I need to free up space ASAP on my external disk as it is showing as only having 32KB of free space! Any ideas anyone?
Computer Specs
Member with 2,221 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Sep-2008, 01:58 PM #2
If you set Norton to backup, it may well be its doing it periodically, either full bups or changed files. In this case, there may be a number of backups on the drive, not just one.
I expect norton to have a util to get rid of old backups- dont use it myself, so I cant say where- which will probably cure it
Computer Specs
Member with 313 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Sep-2008, 12:29 PM #3
Thanks Gulo, yes I do use Norton 360 to back up, I am just going to delete the file off my external disk and then backup again.

Cheers
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
backup, itunes, norton

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!