Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Completely uninstalling all evidence of Adobe Products

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 197 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2009, 12:09 AM #1
Completely uninstalling all evidence of Adobe Products
So I can't get Adobe completely removed from my Remove Programs I got about 300MB still left and it can't uninstall them. I remember I used a program a few months back that went through Command Prompt and it uninstalled all evidence of Adobe products. I also believe this program was on the Adobe website. Can anyone help me out with this please. Thank You.
Computer Specs
Member with 9,028 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jan-2009, 12:33 AM #2
You could try the Adobe Support Web site. Enter uninstall <Adobe Product Name> in the search box to get instructions for each specific program.

HTH

Jerry
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,437 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Jan-2009, 02:42 PM #3
Download and install Revo Uninstaller 1.80 from:

http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

After it's installed and you've restarted your computer, start it and let it run a scan.

After the scan finishes, which will take only a few seconds, select the Adobe program that you want to remove, then click the "Uninstall" button.

Once the program advises you the Adobe program has been uninstalled, it'll ask you if you want to remove the registry entries.

Stick with the default choice, then place a checkmark only in the registry strings that are highlighted in bold text. Examine the list afterwards to make sure that you didn't miss any of them, then allow the program to delete them.

After you're done, go back to the main screen and select the next Adobe program that you want to uninstall, then repeat the steps.

Whether you're prompted to or not, restart your computer after you finish.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for your information, Adobe Reader is needed if you're going to open and view PDF files on-line - such as user guides and owner manuals. Adobe Flash Player is needed for some sites to be viewed properly and completely.

You didn't advise why you want to uninstall all the Adobe programs.

------------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!