Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

trying to remove registry booster from my pc.

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
22-Mar-2009, 12:19 AM #1
trying to remove registry booster from my pc.
Is there a way i can remove registry booster from my pc. I do not want it. I t won't let me uninstall it. Can you help me?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
22-Mar-2009, 02:16 AM #2
If it has been run, it may have even damaged its own part of the registry as well as all the other damage it did.

Why can't you uninstall it?
Computer Specs

22-Mar-2009, 08:52 AM #3
Can't uninstall registry booster
I installed it the way you are supposed to, and I don't want it anymore, and no matter how many times I try to remove it. it won't let me. Is the spyware? I have read blogs where everyone who has downloaded this same thing cannot remove it either. What is up with this? You asked me why I can't uninstall it. I would not be searching for help if I could uninstall it.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,233 posts.

Experience: Enough To Know Better
22-Mar-2009, 09:21 AM #4
Welcome to TSG Carol Martin.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

Uninstall application
To uninstall an application, select it from the list of installed applications and click on the "Uninstall" button in the uninstaller toolbar.

The uninstall command will start the application's own built-in uninstall module!

Revo Uninstaller augments the uninstallation process. It scans your hard disk before and after you uninstall an application. It will help remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over, even if you had a broken installation. These unnecessary items will be highlighted by Revo Uninstaller.
Computer Specs

22-Mar-2009, 09:29 AM #5
I did that over and over again and I get a pop up window that say... Uniblue installation has stopped working. It is completely installed and keeps doing it's thing so I know it's installed. I did not have a problem with my add remove before I installed this software. What is up with this? It won't let me uninstall it.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,233 posts.

22-Mar-2009, 09:51 AM #6
There's supposed to be an uninstaller in the Uniblue folder. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Uniblue. Use the uninstaller. Delete the Program folder and contents.

When you're finished, download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and check the boxes of anything that refers to Uniblue.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.
Computer Specs

22-Mar-2009, 11:16 AM #7
I did that and it now is telling me I need permission. I am the original owner and administrator of this computer. no one else has access to it but me. More help please.
new tech guy has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 5,178 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Mar-2009, 09:11 PM #8
Have you tried the revo suggestion, used it to get rid of a stubborn avg installation that was hosed somehow, even if the built in one fails, having revo blast all of the leftover references/files will clean it out.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
22-Mar-2009, 09:29 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Martin View Post
I installed it the way you are supposed to, and I don't want it anymore, and no matter how many times I try to remove it. it won't let me. Is the spyware? I have read blogs where everyone who has downloaded this same thing cannot remove it either. What is up with this? You asked me why I can't uninstall it. I would not be searching for help if I could uninstall it.
But why? Can you not press on the uninstall button? Does an error pop up? Is your keyboard not working? Has your electricity gone off? Are your fingers burned?

If it did not use the Windows installer, boot into Safe Mode and install it again. That should repair the uninstaller (if that is the problem) and then you can uninstall it (also in Safe Mode).
Computer Specs

22-Mar-2009, 11:12 PM #10
My electricity has not gone off. There is nothing wrong with my key board. And my fingers are NOT burned. I am more frustrated with this than you are.When I googled this problem it is absolutely amazing that so many people out there have the exact same problem. It will not allow any one to remove the software, and their computer key boards are working, their power did not go off, and their fingers are not burned. It's the software that is the problem and not our computers!
Computer Specs
Member with 2,233 posts.

23-Mar-2009, 12:13 AM #11
Hello Carole, Please try the directions in Post #4 with the
Revo Uninstaller. I have never had it fail me yet. Revo
will use whatever uninstaller the software came with. It will
scan the drive two more times after the uninstall. It will remove
any registry keys, files and folders left behind. UniBlue will be
gone, once and for all.
Computer Specs

23-Mar-2009, 08:37 AM #12
Finally! Thank you for your help, patients and understanding of my predicament I found myself in. God bless you.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,233 posts.

23-Mar-2009, 08:46 AM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Martin View Post
Finally! Thank you for your help, patients and understanding of my predicament I found myself in. God bless you.
Carol, No problem, you are welcome. I know it can be frustrating when you come across this issue the first time. Take Care, Cindy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!