Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blank IMs in Yahoo Messenger

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

04-Apr-2009, 07:17 PM #1
Unhappy Blank IMs in Yahoo Messenger
I think this is the second time I have been here so forgive me if this is in the wrong section, I looked and had no idea where this issue should go. If you want me to move this please tell me or feel free to move it. I apologize if it's wrong.

I have had this issue now for 2 days. I open up a chat window and it is blank, I type a message it's blank yet my friends can read it but I can't read their reply. It seemed to start around the time I downloaded Defender Pro (which has been uninstalled, I heard it was great but I guess not because I read others having the same issue with yahoo when having downloaded DP). It doesn't matter if I uninstall and reinstall or try to install a different version of it, it's always blank. It's driving me crazy, I search and anything I have found I pretty much tried with no success. Can someone please help me out or know what's going on? I don't use IE so it isn't the 'scripting'.

I'm beside myself. I have also just noticed that any drop down menu to save images or programs are blank as well. Anyway these are related?

Thanks.
Member with 32 posts.

06-Apr-2009, 07:18 PM #2
scan for viruses, you never know how they can work.

Here are a couple of articles I dont know if they relate though

Yahoo answers
Another Yahoo Answer

Also try going to meebo its a web IM for messengers, AIM, etc.

Other than that, I have no clue. sorry.

I hope I helped you at least a little
Junior Member with 5 posts.

08-Apr-2009, 01:12 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAwindowsGamr View Post
scan for viruses, you never know how they can work.

Here are a couple of articles I dont know if they relate though

Yahoo answers
Another Yahoo Answer

Also try going to meebo its a web IM for messengers, AIM, etc.

Other than that, I have no clue. sorry.

I hope I helped you at least a little

Thank you for replying and trying to help me out. I have finally got it to work, not sure how but knock on wood it has been alright for a couple days now. Yet still my drop down menus on my computer are blank. I will keep these links you have bookmarked incase they can become useful. Thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!