Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Cannot Print Coupons (coupons.com)

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-May-2009, 10:54 AM #1
Solved: Cannot Print Coupons (coupons.com)
I cannot print coupons online. I have downloaded the program from Coupons.com. Most of the sites I go to require this program. I run this program as Administrator. I am printing to my default printer. When I try to print the coupon, it moves to the printing coupon page screen saying "printing" (printer is turned on) and then stalls out. I can leave the machine for 30 minutes but the screen still says "printing" and nothing is coming out of the printer.

I have disabled all spyware programs, allowed coupons.com through my firewall, disabled the firewall, set my internet zone to medium (IE7), enabled active X controls, privacy settings set to low. I still cannot get the printer to print the coupons.

I am assuming it is some security setting in my computer. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Junior Member with 1 posts.

24-May-2009, 09:42 AM #2
What OS are you running?

I am having the same problem printing coupons, but it started after I installed Windows 7 RC. I was able to print them fine with Windows XP SP2. I assume it is just a compatibility issue with Windows 7 and reported the problem to coupons.com.
Computer Specs

24-May-2009, 02:01 PM #3
I am currently running Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron with all of the current updates from Microsoft. I originally had the same problem with an HP XP service pack 2.
Member with 3,896 posts.

25-May-2009, 06:49 AM #4
coupons
i had that problem a while back ,so i just use firefox. i haven't tried it with IE-8 yet.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_3_d2248.html
Computer Specs

25-May-2009, 01:29 PM #5
I intend to download Firefox and try it as a way to solve this problem through the "process of elimination"

In the meantime, I am still welcoming and accepting other solutions.
Member with 3,896 posts.

25-May-2009, 01:36 PM #6
coupons
i just tried it with my IE-8 and it works fine.
Computer Specs

25-May-2009, 03:58 PM #7
After installing Firefox 3.0.10 I went to Coupons.com and attempted to print their coupons. I printed their web page but when I attempted to print their coupons, I got the same result I started with. I get a message my coupons are printing but I do not get any results from my printer.

As such I have now ruled out my Browser as the culprit. I cannot print coupons in IE7, IE8, or Firefox.

Thanks GolferBob. Do you have any other suggestions?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

25-May-2009, 04:18 PM #8
Is the printer connected directly? What kind of printer is it? Is the coupon printer installed?
Computer Specs

25-May-2009, 04:28 PM #9
Through Firefox, I downloaded and installed the Coupon.com program used to print the coupons.
I am using a Dell 946. It is my Default printer. I am using a usb cable to connect my printer to my computer.

While on Coupons.com I printed their web page with no problem.

I attempted to print the coupons but they never printed. I get the status screen saying my coupons are printing. 40 minutes later they have not printed yet.
Computer Specs

31-May-2009, 11:17 AM #10
In summary so far, I believe I can rule out my browser and my printer.

Browser - I cannot print coupons in IE7, IE8 or Firefox

Printer - My printer is directly connected to my computer. I can print the web page I am viewing and print other pages where I pay my bills online.

My best guess is a Security setting of some kind.

Anybody got a suggestion?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

31-May-2009, 06:41 PM #11
From coupons.com Help:

"If your printer is a multi-function device (print, fax, copy, scan) please make sure the default printer is the print function, not the fax function."

It could be a problem with your security software. Try disabling it. And remove, reboot, and reinstall the coupon software.
Computer Specs

01-Jun-2009, 05:11 PM #12
My printer is a multi-function device. The PRINT part of the printer is my Default printer. The Fax part of the printer is not even hooked up.

As far as security concerns go these are things I have tried.
I have disabled all spyware programs (Ad-Aware and Spybot), allowed coupons.com through my firewall, disabled the firewall, set my internet zone to medium (IE7), enabled active X controls and privacy settings set to low. I still cannot get the printer to print the coupons.

I have also installed and uninstalled the coupons.com program many times.
Computer Specs

01-Jun-2009, 05:40 PM #13
I had downloaded the new Vista Service Pack II today. I tried to print my coupons and believe it or not, it worked !

I would like to thank everybody who offered a solution to my problem. I don't know what exactly changed but I can now print these coupons.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!