Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't remove Epson Stylus CX 7400 from computer

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Sep-2009, 09:43 AM #1
Can't remove Epson Stylus CX 7400 from computer
My operating system is Vista Home Premium. I have an Epson Stylus CX 7400 all in one printer. I began to have problems with printing. There were large gaps missing in the print out. I tried cleaning,and aligning the print heads. None of it worked. I then tried uninstalling and found that I could not uninstall the printer. I have the Epson cd for the printer but do not see a way to uninstall only to install. I tried uninstalling from Start All programs and each time the dialogs said uninstall sucessful, but each time the Epson printer was still in the list of all programs. I tried uninstalling from control panel and kept going back and forth trying over and over to uninstall with no luck. I went to where the printer is listed in Windows and it read "deleting" in regard to the Epson CX 7400. I finally got rid of it there but still it shows up
in the Start menu.

So, I would like to get the Epson CX 7400 off of my computer but don't know how. My experience level is basic computer skills. When I don't know how to do something I need step by step instructions. Unfortunately I have no way to print any instructions you give me. So, I will write them down by hand. I would appreciate any assistance from someone who knows how to remove the printer.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,373 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Sep-2009, 10:02 AM #2
Dipa:

If you've successfully uninstalled the EPSON software in the "Programs And Features" list, you can delete the EPSON folder from inside the C:\PROGRAM FILES folder and you can delete the EPSON entries in the Start menu.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the support site for the EPSON Stylus CX7400 All-In-One.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the steps straight from the support site for uninstalling the software.

1. Turn off the Epson Stylus CX7400 Series.

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the Epson Stylus CX7400 Series.

3. Click Start or , and select Programs or All Programs.

4. Select Epson or Epson Printers, then select Epson Printer Software Uninstall.

Note: With Windows Vista, click Continue, then go to the next step.

5. In the next window, select EPSON Stylus CX7400 Series and click OK. Then follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Open the Windows Control Panel, then click Uninstall a program under Programs (Windows Vista) or double-click Add or Remove Programs (other Windows versions).

7. Click EPSON Scan in the list of currently installed programs and click Uninstall/Change (Windows Vista) or Change/Remove (Windows XP or 2000).

Note: With Windows Vista, click Continue, click Next, and continue with step 9.

8. When the confirmation window appears, click Yes.

9. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Epson Scan.

In some cases, a message may appear to prompt you to restart the computer. If so, make sure Yes, I want to restart my computer now is selected and click Finish.

10. Restart your computer, then see the Start Here sheet to reinstall your software.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by flavallee; 20-Sep-2009 at 10:13 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Sep-2009, 07:06 PM #3
Smile thanks
Thank you. It is ironic that I was able to get rid of the Epson printer even though I only saw the first part of your answer. I saw the line and thought that was all the instructions. I searched Google to find out what Programs and Features list was and then followed the instructions I found at Brain Dump for removing something from the Programs and Features list. Thanks for your help.

I am now about to try installing a new HP All in One since the Epson was under warranty and not serviceable. Wish me luck.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,373 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Sep-2009, 07:10 PM #4
Good luck with the HP all-in-one.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have 3 HP all-in-ones - Deskjet F340, Deskjet F4180, Photosmart C4280.

--------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!