Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Adobe Flash 10 and dial up

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

12-Oct-2009, 02:47 PM #1
Question Adobe Flash 10 and dial up
I have a Dell Inspiron 531S and use dial up access to the internet. I want to download adobe flash 10 but everytime it directs me to the adobe page that has the "install now" button, it just keeps loading the page over and over and the only way to exit is to do a ctrl-alt-del and end the task. I am wondering if this is because I have dial up and not a faster connection or if it could be that I have Mozilla installed on my pc (even though I do not use it). Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Member with 5,664 posts.

12-Oct-2009, 07:33 PM #2
I don't think there's any link between your problem and your connection speed, or the fact that you have Mozilla (Firefox?) installed. I am able to update Flash player using dialup as it's only a 1.8 MB download (unless you accept the Google toolbar offerred to IE users, in which case it's over 3 MB).

There is an Active X version of Flash for IE and a non Active X version for Firefox, Opera etc and they both have the same version number. If you go to the Adobe downloads page using IE or Firefox you should be offerred the version appropriate for that browser.

If it's the IE version you're trying to install there is a Troubleshooter document that may be of some help to you; http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html It is also possible that you have some sort of popup blocker or other 'security' program that could interfere with the download or installation.

13-Oct-2009, 03:42 PM #3
Thanks!

13-Oct-2009, 03:44 PM #4
Dumb question but am I using IE to connect if I have AOL? I dont actually click the IE icon I click the AOL icon so am I using IE?
Member with 5,664 posts.

14-Oct-2009, 10:41 AM #5
I've always understood that the AOL browser is just IE with the AOL 'front' added. I did once know how to confirm that but I've completely forgotten because I don't use the AOL browser or IE.

If you're trying to install or upgrade the Flash plugin for IE it would probably be better to open IE itself and go to the Adobe downloads page (assuming you've run the Adobe uninstaller first if you are upgrading an older version).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
adobe flash 10, dial up, mozilla firefox

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!