Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Folder Lock problem...

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
11-Nov-2009, 06:12 PM #1
Exclamation Folder Lock problem...
Ok first of all, hi to you all.

I found this site while googling for solutions for my problem.

See, I downloaded a trial copy of Folder Lock 6 to secure a couple sensitive files I have.

It was working great until i wanted to add more files to the 'locker file'... it displayed a "increasing locker size' or something like that and then it went back to the main screen instead of finishing the task.

I then did a terrible mistake... I restarted the program to try to set it right and then noticed that the locker file was no longer on the folder it was anymore... there was only a ".flkw" file with the same size as the original locker file (22 GB).

I tried to open that ".flkw" file with Folder Lock. It asks for the password but when i enter it it shows an empty file list. Also tried to change the extention of the file to ".flk" to try and cheat the program but same result.

The bad thing is, among other things, in that locker file are the pictures of my little brother's last birthday. He died 2 years ago so they are very special to me.

I know, it was not very wise to trust my files to a new program... i thought i was dealing with a good product from a good company but now i know otherwise.. and the support site don't reply to my emails.

Help please? i feel really bad. this is incredible.
Computer Specs

12-Nov-2009, 10:44 AM #2
Please help? Somebody?
ManamalMalice ManamalMalice is offline ManamalMalice has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 18 posts.

12-Nov-2009, 10:00 PM #3
dont know but maybe a system restore...ps back up the current locked file just in case
Computer Specs

13-Nov-2009, 01:08 AM #4
Hi and thanks for reply.

first thing I did when I noticed the problem, was to backup the original locked file. But i do not have a system restore enabled. any more ideas?
DerekC has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,704 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Nov-2009, 07:14 AM #5
I really hate to say it, but you may be out of luck. If you run a search here with the topic of Folder Lock, you will find quite a few similar stories. I didn't go though many of them, but none were resolved happily.

Some of the suggestions in other threads are opening the Locked Folder with WinRar, and see if you can remove them that way. Others involved booting to a linux disc, and trying to copy the files out of the folder that way.

http://forums.techguy.org/smartsearch/?q=folder+lock
Junior Member with 9 posts.

11-Dec-2009, 07:28 AM #6
HI Hantzel, Make sure you are opening the same Locker (*.flk files) in which you have protected your data, if you have used the 'Lock' feature click the Lock tab to view your locked files or if you have Encrypted your data then look under the 'Encrypt' tab. If you cannot find your data please search your computer for any other Locker (*.flk file) and then open it with Folder Lock 6 after providing the correct password.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
.flkw, error, folder lock, recover

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!