Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

All Other Software All Other Software
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Simple Adblock for IE

(!)

Junior Member with 10 posts.

19-Mar-2010, 05:57 AM #1
Simple Adblock for IE
First hello all, i wonder if you could help. Simlpe Adblock For IE just
wonder, has anyone used this, have seen it on several sites say it
is tested spyware free-Virus Free, i use Firefox with adblock or Safari for windows
for most of of my surfing, but still use IE for some.

So any info on Simple Adblock would be appreciated

simple adblock http://simple-adblock.com/

Thank-you
Paul
Member with 7,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Mar-2010, 06:18 PM #2
Don't know much about it other than it is hosted on CNET and Softpedia, very reputable download sites.

The domain name is registered anonymously, so no way to know who owns the website.

Computer Specs
Member with 5,037 posts.

Experience: I get by
19-Mar-2010, 08:32 PM #3
ad blocking for IE is very difficult when compared to extensible programs like firefox. For this reason the likelihood of finding a decent ad blocker isn't very good.
Here's a link to a blog where the developer of adblock plus for firefox talks about it and why he won't attempt one.
Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer is not an option
raybro   (Ray) raybro is offline raybro has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 5,811 posts.

Experience: Advanced
20-Mar-2010, 12:37 AM #4
Just a suggestion... If you install the Coral IE Tabs add-on for Firefox, you will have little need for IE at all. It works on M$ update sites and most government sites. I can recall one time it did not work on some government site, but cannot recall just what it was.

Raybro

20-Mar-2010, 03:58 AM #5
Thank-you all for replies.
well i googled it, could not find anything bad, cocerning it, it works with the Easy-list just
like Adblock for firefox,CNET and Softpedia, say clean and many others, so i thought i would
try it, after install scanned with, full version counter-spy-Avg pro-and free superAntispyware
MalwareBytes, done bitefender online. and EST Nod online scans, Ran Hijack this put it an
Analizer, and nothing was found, all showed clean, so seems good to me,

It works brill not seen 1 Add or pop-up just like the Firefox Adblock.
so then uninstalled just to make sure, it uninstalled, OK,then re-installed scanned again
seems clean nothing found.

Thanks again
Paul
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

20-Mar-2010, 04:21 AM #6
I try not to add anymore to IE than i need to...I use it on Microsoft sites or if I think ff may be giving me trouble etc.
Is ff giving me trouble because of blockage?.....then I try the site in IE.
ABP for ff is very sweet as well as many other add ons....we can always play with ff until we break it...isnt a big deal...just remove the add on etc or remove ff and install again worse case scenario....I really wouldnt want to hose IE over something such as ad block when ff already has it

20-Mar-2010, 05:20 AM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Brett View Post
I try not to add anymore to IE than i need to...I use it on Microsoft sites or if I think ff may be giving me trouble etc.
Is ff giving me trouble because of blockage?.....then I try the site in IE.
ABP for ff is very sweet as well as many other add ons....we can always play with ff until we break it...isnt a big deal...just remove the add on etc or remove ff and install again worse case scenario....I really wouldnt want to hose IE over something such as ad block when ff already has it
Hi i use as said Firefox with ABP, also Safari for windows, for 90% of web surfing
and i am not suggesting that anyone tries [the Adblock for IE,]it is just i still use IE sometimes
and was just looking for an ADblock, and asking if anyone knew anything concernig the Adblock for IE

also i am not saying it is 100% safe and am not
encouraging anyone to try it.

All i can say is it is installed on an older laptop fully patched running XP with service pack3
and as already said have done several scans and all comes up clean,But not saying for anyone to try it

Thanks
Paul
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

20-Mar-2010, 05:56 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy55 View Post
Hi i use as said Firefox with ABP, also Safari for windows, for 90% of web surfing
and i am not suggesting that anyone tries [the Adblock for IE,]it is just i still use IE sometimes
and was just looking for an ADblock, and asking if anyone knew anything concernig the Adblock for IE

also i am not saying it is 100% safe and am not
encouraging anyone to try it.

All i can say is it is installed on an older laptop fully patched running XP with service pack3
and as already said have done several scans and all comes up clean,But not saying for anyone to try it

Thanks
Paul
I had looked into the same thing several months ago..I had talked myself out of it though...the process had seem a little complicated as compared to the ff add on...I am not saying are leading anyone into a disaster lol...but I kinda look at IE as my back up browser as well as for testing to etc...the closer I have it to "stock" the easier it is to track down a problem etc.
Adblock on ie would be an example..as if a page wouldnt load a video wouldnt play it would be harder to track the cause.....by keeping my ie "stock" it is easier to troubleshoot some problems.

20-Mar-2010, 06:27 AM #9
Hi Brett, yep understand where you are coming from, anyways thanks for all your input and others,
was appreciated, i'll keep testing this anyways .lol on this old laptop, see how it goes, to
be honest so far it has worked like a peach, no Adds, But yes I love my Fox the Best

Thanks again

Paul
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!